Sleep Advice - Too active to sleep?

happy-chick

Reaction score
Since Ellies near to walking she wont sleep, she used to go sleep between 8-9pm and couldnt keep her eyes open past that time but the past couple nights have been a nightmare (Thurs she finally went sleep at 12:30 and Fri was gone 1:30 am but shes still getting up at the same time around 8-9am).

It seems like her brain is too active and she cant shut off to go to sleep, she falls to sleep almost with her head down then lifts up her head and gets all excited and starts wanting to play, she it definately tired cos she rubs her eyes and shows all the other signs but shes just mega hyperactive constantly and bursting with energy even though she doesnt stop all day :lol: she makes me tired just watching/listening to her! Once shes asleep shes fine & sleeps through but its getting her to sleep thats become a problem. Shes also fighting her sleep during the day too & isnt really napping much at all.

We've tried all the usual... bath, relax, reading, feeding in quiet room etc but nothing works, she just wants to play play play! Its 11:10pm now and shes walking backwards and forwards in the livingroom with her stand up walker, shouting as she goes lol :lol: :wall: :wall: I cant help but laugh, shes an absolute pleasure and its great to see her so happy and content but its bloody late and i'd like to see my bed before midnight at some point :lol:

Has anyone else's babies been through this? Is it a stage? I think its to do with her mind being so active concentrating on walking as its since she become really confident on her feet but im not sure :? any ideas? :)

I'm obviously no where near this stage but i just skipped through to the chapter in the wonder weeks and it seems that this is a common sleep thing around week 46 which is where you're near:
'your baby may sleep less well. Most babies do now. They either refuse to go to bed, have more difficulty falling asleep, or wake up earlier. some are particularly troublesome sleepers during the day. Others are worse at night. and still others are reluctant to go to bed at anytime.'
She's just learning even more skills according to the book- can;t list everything as i'll be here forever and Lily wants me! It won;t last for long though :hug:

sorry no advise.. but lots of :hug:

note to ellie- go to sleep lol

my daughter was like that it used to take 2 hours to get her off i just sat by her cot holding her hand, but she would get up and start messing.. eventually i worked out it was her dad been there as hed chase her up to bed and play first and so she asosiated him with playing so i kicked him out lol and she then just took half hour for me to get off...im always the strict no fun one lol

:hug: :hug: :hug: Don't worry hun..its always the bright ones who go through this...no time to sleep :lol: lil miss is going through the same thing...shes has 1 20min nap in the day, is in bed at 10pm...up at 2am...screams, fusses and is generally a little minx until 5am, then up at 6:30 for the rest of the day.... how she survives on 5 to 6 hours sleep I dunno...I'm not :lol:

Can't really give you any advice, but while it would be lovely to have one of these good babies that sleep well...I feel dead chuffed that lil mis is so bright, aware and learning...its such a joy to watch her learn new things even at 4am :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you...

Squiglet said:
but while it would be lovely to have one of these good babies that sleep well...I feel dead chuffed that lil mis is so bright, aware and learning...its such a joy to watch her learn new things even at 4am :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Totally agree :lol: me & hubby we're amazed watching her flying around and learning at 1am last night, couldnt help but smile & feel proud even though I really needed some sleep lol! She took her first couple of steps unaided today so fingers crossed she's on her way! :D x

I don't have any advice, sorry, but I hope you'll all get some sleep soon.

(Great, another stage to look forward to :rotfl: )

we're starting to go through a similar thing, although i'm trying sooooo hard to get connor to sleep (i've had 3 really bad nights in a row and think i'm getting tonsillitis now, so need a break if i'm not going to be completely useless this week :( ) he's just started standing on his own and involuntarily taking steps unaided. i think there must be so much buzzing through their brains at this stage.

i've been making sure connor has 2 naps during the day - if he doesn't want them, i back carry him in the sling til he drops off. then we have a really manic playtime before dinner - lots of crawling races and walking around the flat - then a big dinner, followed by a long splashy bath and more playtime, then a boob feed with all the lights turned low and the telly down. it worked last night, so i've repeated it today. i'll let you know tomorrow if i've been successful or not...

hows ellie doing tonight? showing any signs of settling down yet or am i being way too optimistic for you???

:hug:

She fell asleep feeding at about 9pm, i tried to move her to cot and she woke instantly and is now speeding around in her walker after all attempts of keeping her calm and getting her to sleep failed :roll: :wall: Hubby is really poorly with flu so im looking after him too! I'm exhausted!! :( Likely she'll go sleep around 1am & i'll be up at the crack of dawn with her! :wall: we'll see....!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope she settles soon. I have no advice though :(

She went to bed at 11:30 which is an improvement from the last few nights :)

Bethany has been the same but with crawling, ever since shes realised she can crawl shes more interested in mastering that than going to sleep shes so fuuny, but it can be tiring!!

No advice hun I'm afraid but lots of these :hug:

I don't have a problem getting Jess to bed at night its just getting her to stay asleep at night thats the problem. Between 11pm and 2pm usually she wakes up and thinks its time to get up and play. Some nights it hours and hours before she will go back to sleep. Some nights she starts just as we are trying to get to sleep for the night :wall: which is so frustrating. She doesn't sleep in any later then she normally would if she been asleep all night. I'm finding it so hard to drag myself out of bed in the morning. The most annoying thing is she doesn't do this at night when either of her nanas have her for the night :roll:

poor you!

Harrison gets hyper before bed but settles down once he's in his cot (after crawling round it and banging his light show :rotfl: ) but he's always asleep come 8pm, however he is up between 5&6 :bored:

I feel for you.

Shes settled now shes sussed out how to walk lol, I thought that may be the case :) She was in bed at 8pm last night (up at 5:30am though :bored:) and was in bed at 8:45 tonight so it looks like shes back into her routine :cheer: :cheer: PHEW!!! :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back