Sleep deprivation.

mustard

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with pregnancy really but I just wanted to tell you about this to share my pain or give you a giggle.

I've been struggling to get to sleep recently as my bump seems to get in the way. So last night my hubby was away and I went to bed late as I had today off so I would get a lie in. I was tossing and turning more than usual but finally went to sleep at about 1am. At around 3am I was woken up by something beeping intermittantly. We have been having problems with our fridge and the alarm occasionally goes off to say it is too hot so I sleepily dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs to silence that alarm. I'd just got back into bed when I heard the beep again. Argghhh I tried to ignore it for about 15mins before getting up again and realising that the beeping wasn' t the fridge I wandered around trying to find the source of this noise.

Eventually realised it was the fire alarm low battery warning. I went to our battery drawer but didn't have the right battery. I tried to reset the alarm. It didn't stop the beeping!! I took out the battery It didn't stop the beeping!!I tried to take the alarm off the wall but I couldn't get it off. I tried to find ear plugs but we don't have any. I looked on the internet for anywhere I could get batteries at 3.30 in the morning nearest 24hour supermarket is 45 minutes away. I went back to bed put a pillow over my head and drifted in and out of sleep (dreaming about alarms and hospital life support machines). At 6.40 I couldn't stand it anymore and I put on some music to drown out the noise. I got up and went to morrisons so I was there as soon as it opened at 8am to get the correct battery.

This is to closest I think I have ever been to going insane due to sleep deprivation. I guess it could be considered training for a newborn :roll:!

Oh bless ya, that noise is sooooooo annoying!
Hope morrisons had the battery lol x x

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bless U X X
I thought my night was bad getting up and down to the loo all night. Think I might have gotten a sledge hammer and wacked the thing.

Bless U X X
I thought my night was bad getting up and down to the loo all night. Think I might have gotten a sledge hammer and wacked the thing.

:lol:If i'd had a sledge hammer in the house I would have.

and yes morrisons did have the battery (if they hadn't I'd have walked the streets till I found somewhere that did, I was not going back to that house without one.

Glad they had your battery...
Isn't it typical it happens when OH isn't there.
I think your getting prepared for when LO arrives.

Aw glad you got sorted

I had same thing with a smoke alarm battery once, was trying to strip wallpaper with a steamer that kept setting it off, we took the battery out but it was mains connected so kept bloody going off, turns out the battery was back up incase of power failure!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back