• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Those that are planning to BF

Hope81

Reaction score
Are you getting some bottle to have in the house just in case? What kind of bottles and how many did you get?

I got a medela calma, a simple medela, a Tommie close to nature, a DR. Brown and a Philips Avent...
I am going back to work at like 3 months probably and i am planning of expressing and introducing a bottle too after the first 10 days as I can't risk it that she will not take a bottle. The bean better like one of all those different kinds of bottles lol...

Getting a Box of formula too just in case that sth goes terribly wrong with BF...

I'm planning to BF but have got a couple of bottles & getting a mircrowave sterilising set just I'm case :) I've bought avent xx

Sunbeam do you know if the microwave sterilizer fits the breast pump accessories inside?

Larly I dont think we have those here :( fx one of the other ones that I have will work :pray:

Hun I know what you want do and why but just don't put to much pressure on yourself. It might happen brilliantly easily but you might find that it takes you a while to settle into breast feeding, let alone expressing and bottle feeding. I really hope you have support up there win Norway for all that! xxx

Im planning on bf'ing but want a back up just in case as I know its not for everyone or sometimes doesnt happen. I am also planning on expressing at least one bottle for through the night so that hubby can do the odd feed or two if Im too tired (is this something that is ok to do Im all bamboozled with what can and cannot be done so any advice gratefully received). We got a couple tommee tippee closer to nature bottles too and will have formula in aswell xx

I want to breastfeed, although I am gong to have some bottles / a steriliser and some forumla on hand.

I'll return the sterliliser as fingers crossed I won't need it...

I don't plan to express in the beginning as I don't want to confuse bub (there are some schools of thought that suggest teats can make babies less likely to take the nipple!)

xxxxxxxxxx

I've bought a Medea set. I took my SIL who is a breast feeding expert- by occupation (how lucky am I) with me and she recommended them.

I plan of bfing for 6 months but will express so hubby can feed also and will just do it as SIL says

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I always planned on BFing, but I'd bought a set of Avent bottles, a manual pump and a steriliser before baby arrived. They proved a godsend in the early days, they're going to be useful at some point sooner or later, whether it's for regular use or expressing every now and then so you can go out.

Im going to attempt to BF but ive also bought a tommee tippee essentials kit aswell xxx

I have bought a TT Starter set as back-up but I would really like to breast feed excusively for at least the first few months, I will then probably introduce expressed milk in a bottle xx

I'm getting no bottles or formula and I'll tell you why.
When lo's are first born and cluster feeding and you feel like
a) they are attached to the boob 24/7 or
b) this baby is always hungry I mustn't be making enough milk or
c) I'm so tired and weary and my nipples are sore and I want to chop my own head off -
I dont want to have a convenient box of formula and bottles shouting at me from the cupboard! I don't want any distractions from bf, any temptation to give up when it is difficult.
This is just what works for me, I am in no way saying that others shouldn't get things in as back up x

I'm not buying anything in for the same reason. The first few days/weeks are hard and I know if I have stuff in the house I will reach out for it.

I've gotten bottles for expressing if necessary but won be buying in formula for the same reason.

Also bottles are there if there are unforeseen circumstances and bfing isn't an option for me

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I hope to BF but will get some bottles so I can express milk for hubby to feed now and then or for when we go out.
I'll need to express 48 hours worth of milk too when I have my op if I have it during the BFing months.

Cosmic and amy I see from where you are coming from but I can't risk it really. Here the stores are closing at afternoon. You can find nth not even pharmacies are open at night and same comes for Sunday's and Saturday afternoons...
I just can't risk it having a newborn that may not latch, being drowsy, not wet nappies and no open stores :roll:
I really want to bf and I did everything to inform myself but the bitter truth is that not anyone can bf or express and not all Los will latch.
I just can't risk it. Fx that everything will go ok.
Planning on expressing quite a lot anyway as I have to go back to work really soon and I have to build a supply and most definitely get LO used to the bottles.
Formula is only if everything else fails...
I also have samples of lactose free formula, colic formula, special formula for diarrrhea, gastric reflux and all sort o meds...
Yes I am a control freak....

I'm getting no bottles or formula and I'll tell you why.
When lo's are first born and cluster feeding and you feel like
a) they are attached to the boob 24/7 or
b) this baby is always hungry I mustn't be making enough milk or
c) I'm so tired and weary and my nipples are sore and I want to chop my own head off -
I dont want to have a convenient box of formula and bottles shouting at me from the cupboard! I don't want any distractions from bf, any temptation to give up when it is difficult.
This is just what works for me, I am in no way saying that others shouldn't get things in as back up x

I'm not buying anything in for the same reason. The first few days/weeks are hard and I know if I have stuff in the house I will reach out for it.

I think it hard for first time Mum's as well, as we don't have any prior experience whereas at least you ladies know from pevious babies that you can do it. Granted every baby is different but at least you have that experience to go by...

I definately want to have the back up of bottles but I also feel very strongly about wanting to breastfeed so I am sure when the time comes I will go all out to make sure I can breastfeed! Like Hope I'd rather just have the reassurance of a few bottles and some formula :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm planning on bf and trying to get as prepared as I can be.....

However, I have bought tommy tippee closer to nature, 2x5 oz and 6x9oz bottles. I have been given a steriliser and will likely get some Formula in too.

But all just incase. I want what's best for baby and me. Not going to lie and say everything is just for her benefit as there are obviously benefits to mum too.

Just hope I can manage it. Going out of my way to seek help before so I am 100% in the know! Don't want to assume it will just happen, not that naive.

Good luck. Xx

Im planning on breast feeding, but bought a microwave steriliser in case i need it which you get one bottle with. Not planning on buying any more bottles at this time, or any formula, as i hopefully wont need them for a good few months.
That being said though I live 10mins away from a 24 hour supermarket, so dont need to worry too much about being prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back