Medela Bottles and a Steriliser

OzGirlNat

Reaction score
I'm planning on (and keeping my fingers crossed I'll be able to) breastfeed. However, I'll be purchasing a pump and a couple of bottles so that I don't always have to be there 24/7 after a few months.

I'm thinking of the Medela electric pump and the Medela Calma bottles and teats (which are supposed to require the same sucking action as breastfeeding). Any feedback on these would be great. And recommendations for good bottles/teats for a breastfed baby.

I'm also wondering if microwave sterilisers take different makes of bottles? I've thought of getting a microwave one purely for convenience as I don't want a big bucket of sterilising fluid in my tiny kitchen. Medela do a steam steriliser but it's pretty expensive.

I used Medela Calma bottles and Lizzie loved them! I do feel it made bottle and breastfeeding work well together too :)

Most microwave sterilisers should be fine I would've thought, but make sure your steriliser actually fits in your microwave - I bought one and it was too high so couldn't use it!!!

I haven't used the medela bottles but have used the swing pump and it worked well. I also used the tommee tippee electric pump and for me the medela was better, purely because it was more comfortable for me to use.

I have a TT microwave sterliser, it only holds 1 bottle (TT, but medela would fit I'm sure) and it only just fit in our old microwave, I don't think it would fit the new one we have.

I used the TTCTN bottles and also the breastflow bottles and Oscar got on best with breastflow.

Thanks for your replies. I've ordered the Medela mini electric pump today as I don't plan on pumping every day and it's cheaper than the swing which I originally had my eye on.

Thanks for the tip about making sure the steriliser fits in the microwave. I've measured it and most of the sterilisters are too big so that's saved a costly mistake.

i'm practically sponsered by medala! and i love my swing and bottles, but i don't have experience of anything else!! i think the medela steriliser is pretty good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back