Things I would like to moan about today....

LilyMac

Reaction score
1) Why do people say pregnancy is the most amazing thing EVER?
Dont get me wrong, its pretty amazing what with the creating life and all that, and I love being able to feel bubs moving about but whats so amazing about all the tiredness, the pains, the complete all over body aching, the emotions, the anger, the cravings etc etc???? Why does no one mention that!?

2) Men...
My driving instructor cancelled the rest of my lessons when he found out I am pregnant!! He made up some other excuse but I know it was because of that!
My OH constantly wants to do "fun" things eg: pub. I want to do "fun" things eg: sleep. Why is he so selfish?????

3) Colleges...
I applied for an access course months ago to start in September and they told me the course was cancelled and I could apply for a similar course... Which I did... this course was then cancelled and the other one reopened... and then cancelled again!! So now Im stuck because the only other college that does anything similar isnt accepting any more applicantions!

4) Job Centre...
I lost my job in February and the job centre have been pretty unhelpful with trying to find me a new job and I went to see them this morning and they told me not to bother looking anymore now that Im pregnant!! Surely this isnt right??? Im still capable of working and I still want to work!

I think thats enough for now!
Grrr did I need that little rant :)

xx

Hehe hope you feel better after that hun!!
I definitely agree with the whole 'pregnancy is amazing' thing....90% of the time it bleedin sucks! Good job the other 10% is so fantastic otherwise I don't think people would bother with the whole procreation thing :p

I feel tons better thanks hun, its always good to have a little rant!
Yeah I totally agree, if it weren't for those brilliant little things I definitely wouldn't ever do this again!!x

LMAO loving number 1! I could have poked the eyes from anyone who bloomed and flew through smiling then I definitely could have done it again if they had a breeze birth story :rofl:

2. Strange! I had driving lessons once with added hormonal injections he just said to let him know if I got too pissy :rofl: I moved and took up lessons with my second but money reasons I stopped.

3. No reply realyy :lol:

4. Lost my job around 20 weeks due to redundancy, I was showing very much I think they thought it was pointless tbh Job situations are crazy all over the world unless its a temp job then I guess an employer won't be too keen to employ someone whos going to go off in a handful of months. You could try temping through an agency?

x

"enjoy your pregnancy"
- yeah i been trying for 27 weeks

i dont enjoy it.. but i do love it.

Haha I like the way you put that "I don't enjoy it but I love it" you've hit the nail on the head there!

The employment situation is riduclous but its meant to be getting slightly better so there's hope! I think I'm just gonna go back to mobile hairdressing at least that way I'll know I'll have money to keep me going :)

that was a 1st class rant... lol as for ur JSA i was allowed to claim up to 39 weeks because technically i maintained i was fit to get there at 9 am on a friday morning and i was fit to work :D xx

I got a job in a vets as a receptionist the same week I found out I was pregnant. So they came back and said they had changed their minds and that the didn't want another pregnant lady as they knew how much time I would have to take off for visits to the midwife and how I wouldn't be able to mop the floor etc. Is against the law but by the time they came grovelling to say actually that was a mistake, the job is yours (so they didn't get sued) I didn't want to work with them knowing that they didn't want me. I could do with bringing some money in but who is gonna employ me now? Let me know if it was worth doing some temping. Take care xx

Oh I do love a good rant!
I've been told by job centre I can claim jas till 29 weeks and then I have to go on income support, but there's no point me looking for a job now cos no one will want me basically!!! Bloody cheek, I felt like punching her, why do people feel the need to annoy pregnant women, that is something I'll never understand!

Can't believe they wouldn't give you the job because of being pregnant though, I knew some people thought like it but I never thought people would be stupid enough to go through with it!! Good luck with the job hunt chick!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back