just a moan about things in general...

petchy

Reaction score
i'm not having a good day at all... i have deadlines looming, but no creativity - hence just sitting here moving random shapes round the screen whilst staring blindly ahead of me... can think of things to do for my freelance but can't exactly do that whilst at my day job. got a horrible ache in my upper back, like a dull "tired" ache, which i seem to get every day after lunch despite trying to keep my posture good and keep going for walks around the office... every day i get home and i'm knackered and just want to go to bed at 6pm, the house is a mess and i can't be bothered cleaning it..... everything seems to annoy me, my colleagues all have their headphones on listening to music and one of them is bobbing his head up and down, grooving to the tunes he's got playing - i can see it out of the corner of my eye and it is soooo annoying for some reason. (doesn't usually bother me) i just feel like taking two weeks off with a mystery illness (bird flu maybe???) and pulling the duvet over my head for the duration of those weeks. i'm fed up with where we are living, and want to move to norway to be closer to my family - been feeling down because i miss them, and keep crying over it.

sorry girls, i'm ranting and raving on... please bear with me... i just feel like i'm about to reach complete burnout when it comes to work especially. i just can't wait for mid-january to arrive and time for maternity leave... i seem to be fine during the weekends, enjoying getting things ready for the little one etc, but the weeks are such a drag.... i'm being hormonal and just want to shout at someone then retreat into the ladies' for a good old cry!

please tell me i'm not the only one who feels like this sometimes???

awww hun,

*hugs*

your not the only one, dont worry, i think we all go through a stage like that where everything just gets on top of us, im sort of going through it now, having to make a hard descion about our dog and i know my OH will hate me for it.

best thing you can do hun is go to bed curl up and cry, might not be what you want to hear but it will make you feel better after coz right now your stressed trying to hold it all together, let it all out and relax babe
xxx

Big hugs to you both.

On a possitive note I am just starting to come out from under my black cloud. Hubby was made redundant when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, since then it has been a nightmare, we have been getting shopping done by my mum and his mum and the mortgage arrears have been building up.

He has now gone into business with 2 colleagues and they are doing very well - he bought home his first wage on friday, they have enough work so far to last till after xmas, the mortgage arrears have nearly gone and I am doing my own food shopping once again!!

Hubby has spent the last few weeks telling me everything will be ok but you know what its like, you don't believe it when you have xmas and a new baby to pay out for!!

I am now starting to believe him!! Things are looking very good for the future of his business so fingers crossed!!

Lots of love

PS - Hope all is ok with the dog.........whatever it is is going on!!

i will know more when OH gets home wether all is ok.

he brought a dog home a few weeks ago, im not a dog person at all so i said he would have to deal with it, but hes at work from 7 till 6 everyday so its me that has to clean up after her, if she is left alone for more than 10 mins she starts chewing and tearing wall paper off the walls.

we just spent 2 grand doing this house up so there is no way im letting a dog wreak it.
we both agreed that if she did one more thing, she would be re homed, she did, so i placed and ad and got a family intrested in her, told my OH but hes not happy about it atall, said we would speak when he gets home, so im just sat here waiting for him now

thanks for the hugs girls, here's a hug back for you all!

teddybear-2.gif

it helps alot to be able to go on the forum and vent a few frustrations - wish i could go to bed and have a good cry, but am still at work so it will have to wait. (well the bed will have to wait anyway - i've already had a little cry in the ladies'.. :oops: )

layla: hope the dog situation works out ok, at least you're not putting her down, just rehoming her.

kerry: well done to your hubby for succeeding with the business! what is it he does? i really would like to set up on my own too, and am considering it for after my maternity leave... :shock: scary!

i can't wait for 5pm.................. less than an hour to go, and then i really can go home and go to bed for my proper cry!

This is such a hard thing to do but so worth it.

I talk from experience, we had our lovely 'Saffie' from a pup, she was (and hopefully still is!!) a shorthaired german pointer, beautiful dog, lovely with the kids, a real soppy sausage..........until you left her on her own!!

We stuck it out for 4 years, got through 4 three piece suites, had most of the door frames chewed, had complaints from neighbours and the dog warden about her crying, broken windows (not double glazed!!) that she threw herself out of, numerous vets bills from trying to clear fences and cutting her legs.......the list is endless.

It's only cause she was such a lovely natured dog that we put up with it, we even had her on drugs from the vet but nothing worked.

One day (this was 4 years ago now) I set up a tape recorder to tape her when I was out to see just how bad she was.........it was terrible, like a hurricane going through our house and a lot of crying and howling.........I was only out for 10 mins.

i then decided to get her re-homed, it was so hard but we went to the german pointer rescue and they found her a home within about 24 hours which was a shock but was probably for the best as it didn't drag it out.

She now spends her days on a farm, running with horses and getting the exercise that no normal person could give her - she will always be skitty as thats just her but the excess exercise keeps it bearable. We used to run her twice a day and she wouldn't so much as even be out of breath.

So, after all my waffle (sorry) I know where you are coming from. Our house is now a lovely place, we have nice furniture, a nice suite and our other dog (who we had then too and whom we thought would miss her) was 100 times better without her around, he was more relaxed and is a pleasure to have around - she must have stressed him out too!!

Do whats best for you but don't beat yourself up if you make the decision to rehome the dog - there are always homes out there more suitable.

Much love, good luck

thanks kerry!

i feel like a right bitch but its not just for me, its for her own good too, she will be with people all day and get teh attention she needs.

I just think that if she cant handle being on her own for more than 10 min, it will be worse when the baby is born coz i will have eve less time for her, so shes better off in a home with people who can care for her better.

I know my OH is going to be mad or upset, prob both, but in the long run, no matter how guilty or horrible i feel for doing this, it is for the best!

It will be a tough thing to do but I promise you you won't look back.

Ours was great with the kids as babies so we were lucky there but she used to charge about all the time and I just couldn't relax or leave the kids on a blanket under a play gym etc.

Its not easy having a head case dog and a baby!!

One thing I have learnt is that I won't ever have a female dog again - I hear of so many people who have female dogs with problems, they need to develop HRT for dogs - that may have worked for saffie!!!

Good luck, big hugs

petchy said:
!

i can't wait for 5pm.................. less than an hour to go, and then i really can go home and go to bed for my proper cry!

get some choccy or ice cream, snuggle up in bed, put teh tv on and dont move!!

relax and treat yourself for the night, get everyone to run around after you for a change

AWWWWWWWWW babe....hope your feeling better today???
Just wanted to say your not alone, my OH has been a saint i have been horrid to him!! LOL!
can you have any time out of work?? work just stresses me out at the thought! hate the place.
have you tried that natures remedy(or what ever) i keep saying im going to get some. keep your chin up, and just think how worth all the miserable days will be when you got your bundle of love!
Can you not have a quick week away with your family?? i miss my family and friends, they are only an hour away, so must be awful having them a flight away.
Big hugs xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back