The waiting game!

Nicola

Reaction score
First I had to wait to get pregnant, then to get to the 8 weeks, and 12 week markers, now I'm apporoaching 16 weeks and having my gender scan on Wednesday....is pregnancy all about waiting or what? I'm the worlds most impatient person and it's killing me!! How on earth do I get through the next 3 days prior to the gender scan.....desperatly wish it was this evening instead!!!

Oh and I suppose after this I'll be waiting for my 20 week scan.... :roll:

im the same. im so impatient. and now ive hit the half way mark im getting even more impatient.

it will all be worth it in the end though.

good luck with your scan :)

My best friends due date is a few days before mine and she is impatient too, I thought it was because she already has 2 boys and this one's a girl so she's extra excited hehe

I'm the opposite, I am enjoying waiting, though the last scan at 20 weeks is a bit upsetting, so booked a 4D scan for 30 weeks to break it up a bit :D

Put it this way, isn't it just the bestest thing ever to be waiting for :cheer:

Aww it will soon fly by hun. I'm loving being pregnant. Love feeling the movements, and can't wait for them to get stronger. The only thing i can't wait for but no i have to is the sex of my baby. Only another 5 and a bit weeks, lol

I know what you mean but i have to remind myself to relax and enjoy my pregnancy. Dont wish your life away, one day you'll look back and wonder where it went! Life is too short.

yep pregnancy is definately a waiting game..Also the worries change as you go through pg.

Try to enjoy what you have got and celebrate each stage you reach otherwise you'll just wish it all away

DH tells me the same thing to enjoy today, enjoy my pregnancy and not to wish it all away. I'm just excited/anxious to get to the next stage(s) or appointments I suppose. It's wonderful being pregnant and if I have to wait for something, this surely is the best thing to be waiting for!! :hug:

I felt a bit like this too and was wishing away each week just to get to the next stage along.

I went away for 4 days last weekend and feel quite relaxed about it all now. One of my friends at work said this morning how I must be about 15 weeks along.... I was quite surprised myself when I said "no, almost 19!". :rotfl:

Sabrina
x

Here's my tip for getting rid of 'wishing your life away' syndrome.

1. Sell house and buy derelict wreck instead.
2. Move into one bedroom bungalow with all your worldly goods in boxes in the garage.
3. Try and find a builder (any builder will do!) who wants to make your wreck habitable.

After a couple of months you start wishing for time to roll backwards, not forwards. I keep looking at our cottage thinking 'how on earth is this going to be ready in time for a baby?'

ha ha Mayday made me laugh yep think you have probably cracked the waiting game. I am also the worlds most impatient person and DH is even worse. I can't believe we have 5/6 months yet to go I want to be at term NOW and my baby on its way.
But before that I . . .
can't wait to feel baba moving
can't wait for 20 week scan
can't wait for DH to be able to feel baba move
can't wait for 3D scan hmmm what else
can't wait for summer cos baby will be here soon
can't wait for maternity leave to start so don't have to get up in the mornings :rotfl: :rotfl

I know what you mean, we're just on the waiting for baby wait now! :rotfl:

Believe me you'll look back at this stage and won't believe where the time went! :shock:

Smurf, your waiting list reads really as mine does!! :oops:
I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow and scan on wednesday, will ask them what they think on the whole impatient issues I'm having.

Mayday your list made me laugh!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back