The TTC Xmas holiday!!!

maybe baby

Reaction score
Right girls!

I know a lot of us here have had a shocker of a November, and some of us have been trying for quite a while......

So as I have mentioned before I'm having a TTC holiday in December! :party:

And if anyone wants to join me here's the place to do it!!

Off topics-

1- TTC!!
2- Babies!
3- OPKs!

New things to talk about......

1- Xmas Do's
2- Xmas shopping
3- Xmas recipes!
4- Xmas and NYE outfits
5- General gossip not related to TTC.
6- A bitch about the MIL.
7- A section for the worst present received!!

So I'll start off......

I'm half way through my Xmas shopping, I haven't even decided what I want yet I usually get a new hand bag but I was thinking of not getting one and saving the money for baby things!! Mmmm surely that's not allowed anymore?? (Goes to find new Grazia and Look).

I have the Cheryl Cole bandage tights to were either on my Xmas do or NYE and there a bit sexy so will need a bit of dutch courage to wear them!

Xmas recipes- Watch this space...

General gossip, lets see?? Erm need to speak to friends and family about non TTC related topics like I have been doing.....

Hope to see you here!.....

Maybe! ( the Baby bit is banned!!)

xx

Last edited:
Hey maybe,

Christmas shopping is also driving me mad!

What a great idea, I'm going to have a bit of a bitch about my SIL she phoned me up the other day and said "lets not but each other presents this year". I thought 'yep thats great, less presents to buy' then my hubby comes home last night and says "my sis phoned me up yesterday and asked what size clothes you are" i know for a fact she was in town xmas shopping yesterday, so it seems she was trying to make me look silly on xmas day when i wouldnt have got her or her hubby anything :oops: Grrr:shakehead: typical in laws! or OUTLAWS as i call them

OMG how weird!

What you gonna buy her??

Buy her some silly reindeer slippers or something!

xx

I'm with you Maybe :)

I am done with... you know what :whistle:

My xmas is turning into a stressfest already! My hubby announced what he wanted a couple of days ago and it is OOS everywhere - not even the people that supply the shops know when they'll be getting more :wall2: So he is getting something cheap and crap and then get the thing on his b'day in Jan.

My dad is also a pain int he ass because he won't tell me what he wants because he doesn't see the point in me buying him a present that he'll never use... i think he wants money but am i the only one who HATES giving money/gift vouchers?! What is the point :roll:

Then there is my brothers g/f. We went to a discount outdoor store an hour or so away and i asked my bro if she wanted some thermals because they are going to Lapland. He said she had everything she needed for the trip. So since she keeps asking to borrow my ski kit but i already got it out for her once and she forget to take it and now it has disappeared in all the washing and boxes fromt he move :roll:

Then there is my inlaws. To put it bluntly they are extremely well off and i had set a spend of £20 per family member and spent that on mine. Well his dad asked for something for £60 and his mum something for £50 so hubby has to buy them things that we can't afford because all our money goes on the mortgage and bills :wall2:

Oh! And i'm faffing around because i don't know what to buy myself from the inlaws... apparently i have about £2k to spend on me but it has to be something that they think is worthwhile. So i'm not allowed to buy what i want... like clothes or a dishwasher, they want me to buy something that is a luxury for me that will last me a few years... so i think, ok i'll get a laptop, but then i get told i have to buy from my SILs hubby's company so they can claim the tax back but they are all rubbish laptops! :roll: I feel like tellling them to stuff their present because it's just a waste of money buying me something that i don't want.

Phew... bet you wish you hadn't asked. I'll contribute to the other suggested topics when i'ma bit more relaxed about xmas :oooo:

Last edited:
haha, thats a good idea, prob some stupid novelty gift. It will need to be something cheap, was really looking forward to buying her nothing as still got so much to buy!

On a brighter note i am going to put up my xmas tree to cheer myself up!!!!

Last edited:
Have fun putting your trees up ladies, i put mine up early but im going to put the office one up today :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I'm gonna get my brother in law to go to attic and find my Xmas decs and do that this avvo (can you tell I'm a saddo that watches Neighbours?). I'm on day off today but have to take step-son to hospital at 4pm.

I have not done a single bit of Xmas shopping - nothing!! but that's normal for me to do it the week before Xmas....

Bet I'll go onto Amazon next week and order the lot in one fell swoop ha ha. Its not too bad for me Dad & his wife (vouchers) Granny (vouchers) mum & dad (paying for their xmas meal) my sis and her hubby and kids are away in Belize so agreement is I get my kids something from them and they get their kids something from us. I've got 3 kids next door but we just do a silly £5 per kid budget and I've got 3 other friends kids I need to get. Thinking of booking Disneyland Paris as a big surprise for family but need to look into that and do some sneaky calls to DH's work to make sure its ok for days off. The worst part by far is my kids - everyone asking me what they want and I've no idea. Thy all say - hey I'll give you the money and you get them....Aaaaaarrrggghh I hate that - I work 6 das a week full time so when am I supposed to be able to do that?? I have no time to take a piss, never mind do a massive kids pressie shop....

So there - better get that tree up. Oh and I've got 2 lovely hanging advent calendars with pouches and I need to fill them up - my son does not like chocolate! L ollies and sweets will do but as this is day 1 I'd better get that done today - after hospital trip

Last edited:
i love this idea maybe!!

well i have started my xmas shopping and like everyone i'm sure there are some people that you buy for and some you don't. OH's family are one brother and his gfriend and one sister and her bfriend, mum and dad. so every year we just get his sister and brothers girlfriend and mum, so just the girls. then the other day OH's mum says - i better tell you that James (sisters OH) has bought you somethign from harrods (he works there so massive discount) and this may sound soooo ungrateful but now i have to buy him something!! and we can't afford it! also even with discount nothing is cheap from harrods!!

i haven't bought a xmas outfit yet but i'm looking forward to that for the xmas parties (as long as im well enough to go!)

BUT....my lovely OH has already told me what my gift is and its.......a trip to New York!! my two best friends were booking and he added me on!! we go on 13 Jan which is going to be freeezzziinnngg but im sooo looking forward to a break away - so that is something very positive to focus on aside of ttc!! xxxxx

I'm a bit of a scrooge when it comes to crimbo. Cant stand it! My tree doesnt go up until DH's bday on the 11th. I've only got the in laws pressies. Baking DH's grandparents biscuits and stuff for their pressie! Getting hubby a joint bday/crimbo pressie. I cant tell you what it is cos he's sat next to me!! But its a damn good pressie!!

No outfits for ne, no work party cos they are boring and no one ever turns up!!

I'm with you Maybe :)

I am done with... you know what :whistle:

My xmas is turning into a stressfest already! My hubby announced what he wanted a couple of days ago and it is OOS everywhere - not even the people that supply the shops know when they'll be getting more :wall2: So he is getting something cheap and crap and then get the thing on his b'day in Jan.

My dad is also a pain int he ass because he won't tell me what he wants because he doesn't see the point in me buying him a present that he'll never use... i think he wants money but am i the only one who HATES giving money/gift vouchers?! What is the point :roll:

Then there is my brothers g/f. We went to a discount outdoor store an hour or so away and i asked my bro if she wanted some thermals because they are going to Lapland. He said she had everything she needed for the trip. So since she keeps asking to borrow my ski kit but i already got it out for her once and she forget to take it and now it has disappeared in all the washing and boxes fromt he move :roll:

Then there is my inlaws. To put it bluntly they are extremely well off and i had set a spend of £20 per family member and spent that on mine. Well his dad asked for something for £60 and his mum something for £50 so hubby has to buy them things that we can't afford because all our money goes on the mortgage and bills :wall2:

Oh! And i'm faffing around because i don't know what to buy myself from the inlaws... apparently i have about £2k to spend on me but it has to be something that they think is worthwhile. So i'm not allowed to buy what i want... like clothes or a dishwasher, they want me to buy something that is a luxury for me that will last me a few years... so i think, ok i'll get a laptop, but then i get told i have to buy from my SILs hubby's company so they can claim the tax back but they are all rubbish laptops! :roll: I feel like tellling them to stuff their present because it's just a waste of money buying me something that i don't want.

Phew... bet you wish you hadn't asked. I'll contribute to the other suggested topics when i'ma bit more relaxed about xmas :oooo:

What ever happened to a merry xmas!???

You definitely need to arrange a Xmas do and let your hair down!

xx

i love this idea maybe!!

well i have started my xmas shopping and like everyone i'm sure there are some people that you buy for and some you don't. OH's family are one brother and his gfriend and one sister and her bfriend, mum and dad. so every year we just get his sister and brothers girlfriend and mum, so just the girls. then the other day OH's mum says - i better tell you that James (sisters OH) has bought you somethign from harrods (he works there so massive discount) and this may sound soooo ungrateful but now i have to buy him something!! and we can't afford it! also even with discount nothing is cheap from harrods!!

i haven't bought a xmas outfit yet but i'm looking forward to that for the xmas parties (as long as im well enough to go!)

BUT....my lovely OH has already told me what my gift is and its.......a trip to New York!! my two best friends were booking and he added me on!! we go on 13 Jan which is going to be freeezzziinnngg but im sooo looking forward to a break away - so that is something very positive to focus on aside of ttc!! xxxxx

Cool! NYC is amazing, you'll have the best time! You should ask for money from everyone for Xmas and you can have fun spending it in the sales!

Hope you're better soon! xx

Well, I'm gonna get my brother in law to go to attic and find my Xmas decs and do that this avvo (can you tell I'm a saddo that watches Neighbours?). I'm on day off today but have to take step-son to hospital at 4pm.

I have not done a single bit of Xmas shopping - nothing!! but that's normal for me to do it the week before Xmas....

Bet I'll go onto Amazon next week and order the lot in one fell swoop ha ha. Its not too bad for me Dad & his wife (vouchers) Granny (vouchers) mum & dad (paying for their xmas meal) my sis and her hubby and kids are away in Belize so agreement is I get my kids something from them and they get their kids something from us. I've got 3 kids next door but we just do a silly £5 per kid budget and I've got 3 other friends kids I need to get. Thinking of booking Disneyland Paris as a big surprise for family but need to look into that and do some sneaky calls to DH's work to make sure its ok for days off. The worst part by far is my kids - everyone asking me what they want and I've no idea. Thy all say - hey I'll give you the money and you get them....Aaaaaarrrggghh I hate that - I work 6 das a week full time so when am I supposed to be able to do that?? I have no time to take a piss, never mind do a massive kids pressie shop....

So there - better get that tree up. Oh and I've got 2 lovely hanging advent calendars with pouches and I need to fill them up - my son does not like chocolate! L ollies and sweets will do but as this is day 1 I'd better get that done today - after hospital trip

I'm sure you'll find time to take a piss if there's a stick involved! Lol!! xx

Last edited:
I'm a bit of a scrooge when it comes to crimbo. Cant stand it! My tree doesnt go up until DH's bday on the 11th. I've only got the in laws pressies. Baking DH's grandparents biscuits and stuff for their pressie! Getting hubby a joint bday/crimbo pressie. I cant tell you what it is cos he's sat next to me!! But its a damn good pressie!!

Baking biscuits sounds like a great idea, and you could make a nice jam or something too, you can get nice boxes and jars from Hobbycraft, have you got one of those near you? xx

Baking biscuits sounds like a great idea, and you could make a nice jam or something too, you can get nice boxes and jars from Hobbycraft, have you got one of those near you? xx

I found some nice biscuit tins in a shop near me. £3 for 2!! Jam is a bit adventurous for me lol

Dh has passed out with man flu, bless him, so I can tell you that for his bday/crimbo pressie I'm booking us a holiday for our wedding anniversary next september to salou, where we went on honeymoon!

Love this Maybe

Can I rant about the MIL. I told OH's sisters (all 5 of them) that we wanted our first christmas as a married couple alone together. She told me that she would be on her own this Christmas, FIL left her a few months ago.

I then felt guilted into inviting her round for dinner as I didn't want her to be on her own, I later found out she told the sisters that she was coming to us, so they didn't ask her.

Am hoping this is our last year just us, and just wanted our first Christmas as a married couple to be spent as just that.

On a plus side, OH is taking me away for our anniversary and I have 3 christmas parties to go to. Hmmmmmm what to wear!

Ok, so i couldn't be bothered to clean the living room so i could put the tree up... but i am letting my hair down and having a drink - i haven't had a drink in about 5 month so this is going down really well, too well in fact :party:

I am feeling christmasy though! I went walking the dogs int he snow and it literally came upto my knees, so ok, my knees aren't very high off the floor but it was deep :oooo:

And i heard on the radio that the Mariah song All i Want for Christmas is in the charts again! I bet if she only released that one song she's still be a bazillionaire if it hits the charts every year :shock:

I love that song :love:

Embarrass them instead. Point out that something 'worthwhile' would be donating the 2k to Great Ormand Street Hospital, it will buy over TWO HUNDRED sick children a really nice gift. They will look pretty mean if they say no. Oh, and charitable donations are tax deductable ;-)

Ok, so i couldn't be bothered to clean the living room so i could put the tree up... but i am letting my hair down and having a drink - i haven't had a drink in about 5 month so this is going down really well, too well in fact :party:

:rotfl:

You girls are so organised. Getting your trees up already? I actually bought my Christmas cards today. Christmas stamps this year are Wallis and Gromit, quite cool. That's as far as I've got. Every year i say I will start early, oh well maybe next year.

Actually i do have one good idea - all my neices are getting charm braclets, which are apparently v cool right now. I am going to personalise the charms to their personalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back