The super indulgent 'how messy is my baby?' thread!!

All gorgeous - lovely seeing them enjoying food, isn't it? xxx

Just looked through this thread and they're all so cute. Can't wait to start! Xxx

I never manage to get a messy picture of her lol as by that time I am as messy as she is and can't even pick my phone lol.
They are all so gorgeous!!!

Not properly messy, well compared with the floor at least :shock:
But here is first attempt with broccoli
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360249764.590605.jpg

Awww. She looks like she's concentrating hard on it. She's so cute!!! Did she put any in her mouth? xxx

Yep, though she spat out most of it I think? I saw her actually swallowing some and doing chewing motions? Is that right?
She would have a go for longer but we didn't have more broccoli after she dropped 2-3 pieces on the floor. Coco had fun though (the puppy) and she actually made a bigger mess than Amelie lol...

Ah, that sounds good! She won't swallow anything much for a while, but will learn to chew it and move it around her mouth first.

We put an oilcloth down on the floor and keep it clean - we clean it between meals, which is really tedious - but we can pick up bits and give them back to her that way instead of wasting too much food. Other people use small tablecloths on the floor, then shake all the waste into the bin and put the tablecloth in the wash and use a clean one each time so they can pick up food from the floor. I don't have pets otherwise I'd have to rethink this!!! xxx

That's a good idea of putting sth under the chair and give her things back but then I probably have to close the puppy out of the kitchen... I have to think about how I will work that one out I suppose.

Karen is she still dropping things on the floor or it happens less and less now?

Ah, it varies from meal to meal. She has a way of sweeping it ALL off her tray, sometimes missing the cloth on the floor altogether. We've had food on the walls already!!! She does it less now than she used to, but still does it a lot. If she's tired and can't concentrate we end up picking food up a lot, but if she's really into the food she'll be quite tidy. I hope she will get better soon as it makes it difficult to eat out or at other people's homes like this.

I'm waiting for her to learn to throw pasta across the room next. Could get really messy, then! x

Haha! Go tilly!!!! I admire you that you are so patient to clean it all after meal! I have seen the mess that Amelie does and it was only broccoli!!! I can't wait to let her loose with some pasta lol!
I am not sure if I can handle all the cleaning time wise but its sure is very exciting to see them feeding theirselves :love:
More pictures of your gorgeous girl we need!!!

Awww hope look at her she is so focused! Super cute!! Xx

Awe she's so beautiful and focused on it bless her!!

Not properly messy, well compared with the floor at least :shock:
But here is first attempt with broccoli
View attachment 31869

Aww she's adorable! I have a puppy too and agree its great, once Harry is out of his highchair the dog goes mad for whatever has fallen on the floor! X

image.jpg

H enjoying feeding himself chicken sausages, sweet potato wedges and baked beans!
Xxx

They are all so cute. I haven't dared to give Tilly food on a plate yet as I know it will be catapulted immediately across the room because she's always more interested in the plate than the food on it, and likes to bang violently with her hands at mealtimes. She's a madwoman.

They are all so cute. I haven't dared to give Tilly food on a plate yet as I know it will be catapulted immediately across the room because she's always more interested in the plate than the food on it, and likes to bang violently with her hands at mealtimes. She's a madwoman.

Know this sounds daring but have you tried using one of your grown up plates? H will chuck his baby plates but doesn't touch a grown up one! Bit of a risk trying it tho!
Xxx

We have tried a plate.... Needless to say I had pasta flung at me!

C likes to trash around too.... Hubby and I call it crazy baby disease.... I have a mini lunatic on my hands! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back