The magic "12" milestone

can always cross your fingers!! owen was born 10 lb 4 oz so by the 10lb rule should have been sleeping through at birth lol!!he was 10 months!:)

Colby 20 weeks today and I think he's about 17lbs or just over and still feeds every 3hrs at night (thankfully he goes straight back to sleep)

i've never heard of it, but i'd say that after 6 w/o LO is out of the newborn stage & sleeping a bit more. & by 10/12 weeks should be going a good few hours through the night - then by around 4-6 months majority of babies are sleeping through, not all, but most are.

:)

Also depends on what you define as 'through the night'. The official definition is that the baby sleeps from 12 to 5am so more of your LO's might be sleeping through than you all realise :).

I took that definition to mean any uninterrupted 5h period of sleep so if she sleeps from 7pm to 2am before waking for a feed then she's slept through as far as I'm concerned. She has only been doing that for the last couple of weeks so it works out that the '12' milestone works for us (both in age and in weight) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back