The magic "12" milestone

ForestLas80

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experience of this and thinks the lady who told me this is right? apparently babies when they are either 12lb+ or are 12 weeks old are more likely to then start to sleep through the night?

Oh that's interesting!! Iv never heard of that before, not long to go then :) xx

I hope 10lb as we are nearly there lol!

Fin is having his 6 week check tomorrow and I reckon he'll be rocking on for 11lb8ish. The last few nights he has only woken once between 7-6 for feeding-amazing!!

Well, Charlie slept through from 10-6 when he would have been around that weight, however for the past month he has been going to bed between 8 and 9, waking around 1 or 2 for food :( and then 5, despite not being dfed til 6 :/ hut every babys different. My cousin didn't sleep through til he was 4 YEARS old! X

Nope, Jack's never slept through and is 7 months old and weighs 16lb 1oz! I just think all babies are different, some babies sleep through early and some don't :) x

Sorry to hear Charlie's doing weird things at night now-just a bad phase he'll grow out of. Not sleeping through night til 4 yrs old-nightmare!!

My Oh didn't sleep through the night until he was 5 (Jack's a better sleeper thank goodness) and the morning he slept through his Mum actually woke him up because she thought he was dead!! x

Leandro was 11lb 8 at his last check so must be over 12lb by now and stays awake pretty much all night. Hoping its 12 weeks then xcc

emma started sleeping 14hrs at night on her 12 week birthday and has done so since. as she is only 14 and a half pound now i severly doubt she was 12lbs though!!

Well Jax is now 14 weeks and weighed 14lbs 6oz at 12 weeks and he's not sleeping through!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

My lo didn't sleep through for ages and ages. And sometimes he still wakes up (at around 5) and hes massive and almost one years old. Every baby is different xxxx

Depends on the baby I guess, I have been lucky so far with Jacob, he was 13lbs 2oz on his last weigh in but that was just over 3 weeks ago, will get him weighed again next week but he has been sleeping through since 9 weeks, he seemed to change after his first lot of injections. I wasn't so lucky with my last 3 though.

Never heard of that one before, but it defo sounds like an old wives tale lol

My LO was 12lb3 when I took her to get weighed yest (she will be 18 weeks on sunday and was 5lb2 born) and she has slept through from been 8 weeks.

Lol we're past the 12 week & 12lb mark and still waking in the night

Kynon was 13 lb 12 at his 12 week (8 week) check and has never slept through, not even close!

Thanks for all your replies ladies....thought it might be one of those things people say and for a handful of babies it might actually be the case but more coincidence than anything else maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back