the cord

hev&madi

Reaction score
at the birth who will be cutting your little ones cord? my other half wants to do it :) is there any reason he cant?

My OH said he will fight with the midwife to cut it lol!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have put it in my birth plan but if u tell her u want him to cut it when LO is out then Im sure she will let him??

I shouldnt think there would be any reason why he cant do it hun ... my OH doesnt want to, he thinks it hurts the baby so refuses to do it, also he says he is staying up by my head, wimp! actually he may be safer down the other end, view may not be too pretty but he will cvertainly avoid any pain i may inflict on him. My mum is cutting the cord, its her first grandchild but i have said to her if OH changes his mind then he will do it.

so if you dont write it in ur birth plan or tell them who u want to cut it does that mean they just go ahead and do it? ahhh Im glad i know now to write it in my birthplan cause my mum would have been gutted if she doesnt get to do it

My OH wanted to cut kai's cord but he was rushed out cos he'd poo'd inside me :oops: lovely boy and they had to clean his mouth out, OH was so dissapointed.

Because I'm having a section, I don't think DH is going to have the choice. Having said that though, he said he was unsure about doing it anyway and wanted to decide there and then. My friends OH said he wished he hadn't cut the cord as it felt horrible!! :lol:

Fingerscrossed - yes, it can be very dangerous. Especially if they inhale it on their first breath. But the hospitals know exactly how to deal with it, and usually just wisk the baby away to clear out their airway.

fingerscrossed said:
isnt that dangerous if they poo inside you?

I think it is if they inhale it, as soon as he was delivered she ran out the room with him he made no noice an was blue very scary but he was fine they has to suck it all out!
x

Oh dear! I dont really suppose theres alot u can do is there to stop them pooing? Its not like u can do it for them is it! God now im scared about that too! See noone tells you any of this before you get pregnant, people just tell you how great it is ... do it, so you do and then u find out about alllllllll this other stuff, like swollen fingers and ankles, how heavy the bump is, labour, Braxton Hicks and now baby poo! It becomes increasingly obvious to me each day why women do this, because a man would just fall apart! mind you i think i could be starting to!

:( im sorry if i scared u.
apparantly its very uncommon for it to happen. Funny thing is my OH did it when he was born like father like son!
xxx

Im ok, :D not too scared, just going into a bit of a hormonal, i swear i am having so many at the minute, its like im not myself anymore. i went crazy last night because OH got in from work and put his shoes under stairs, i went crazy and started crying and refused to eat the tea id made, is it just me or is everyone becoming completely crazy? (I wud also like to point out i did eventually eat my tea, willpower was not that strong)

I had an emergency section and my DH still cut Charlies cord, they were great with him, they shouted him just as she was to be born and he saw it all.

My husband cut the cord for Arianna.

Before I went in to labour he didnt even know if he would be in the room with me as he is a big wimp when it comes to blood - he cant even watch ER :shock:

But he was there the whole way through and even helped the midwife check the cord etc...

S. xx

My Oh didnt get a chance to cut is cos sophie also had a poo in me, and she was very poorly because of it, this time with section not sure if oh will get the chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back