Umbilical cord

JayK2387

Reaction score
My OH really wants to cut the umbilical cord.

This was something he never got to do with his first born so it would be really special if he was able to with Megan.

I know it would be something we can share that he hasnt already experienced before.

Does anyone know if there is any restrictions to this??

xx

My OH did Baillie's - The only restriction I would see is C-section and if baby needed resus. Apart from that it will be fine - just make this clear on your birth plan x x x x

Kim x x x x

I asked my husband the other day if he had cut Levis cord as i didnt know, i must have still been high of gas and air :lol:

Hubby has cut all 3 of our kids cords and will do this one too unless there is a reason he cannot

My husband wanted to do this with our kids, first birth he cut Islas as it was straightforward, sadly with morgans there were problems and he didnt get to do it, they were more converned about getting him breathing and me sorted. Normally it is fine if you want them to do it except if there are problems and baby had to be delivered quickly or isnt breathing quite right, they like to do it themselves and whip the baby away for oxygen.

Good luck, hubby says it was the most amazing thing to be able to do, and was honoured to do it. He likens it to cutting some very very tough steak! YUK! :puke:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back