The Clomid Thread - 6 BFP's!

Hi guys, thought i would join in:

why am i on clomid: Blood test results showed that i did not ovulate every month, all other tests came back clear

How much am i on: my first 3 cycles were 50mg, uping the dose to 100mg on next cycle

when do i take it: days 2-6

if you had long cycles did it help to reduce them:yes it did my cycles became every 28/29 days

any side effects: Bad skin and terrible AF pain

has it worked for you : Not yet, first two cycles showed i had ovulated but the third cycle failed miserably so increased dose for next cycle.

Welcome to the thread hun! :wave:

Ahh now you mention it, I've come up a bit spotty too since taking the meds! But not sure if it's the Norethisterone or Clomid. I'm not usually one for getting spots so defo know its one of the meds! Or maybe both....

Fantastic that it reduced your cycles, FX for you! x x

why am i on clomid: charting showed that my post ovulation temps were low which can mean an issue with progesterone levels. They showed a clear temp spike so I knew I ovulated. I went to doc and progesterone checked and low and behold progesterone was low at just literally over the 30 pmol required. Under care of consultant now who agrees that my weak ovulations needs a boost.

How much am i on:25mg

when do i take it: days 3-7.

if you had long cycles did it help to reduce them:my cycles were 27-32 days so pretty regular. Ovulation was anything from 13-23 so clomid has regulated it to 14-15 and a lp of 14.

any side effects: emotional - that could just be ttcing though. Very very painful period pain. Slightly heavier af aswell.

has it worked for you : not yet. On cycle 3 currently.

Thanks for adding, Itsbabytime. :hugs:

Hopefully we'll be able to add some BFP's to the thread soon!

CD7 for me, felt weird not taking any tablets this morning. I kept pausing earlier and wondering whether I could feel anything... :dohh: Snapped out of it now, looking forward to seeing how the rest of the cycle pans out. :)

x

Hello Ladies.

I was just wondering if you have to pay for Clomid? How much and how long would a course usually cost? Can you get it on the NHS will you have to wait on a list for it? Can you get it at private fertility clinics? :eh:

i get mine on prescription. So just your prescription charge and thats through the nhs x

Hi everyone I'm new here and am on round 1 of clomid :)

Why am I on Clomid? - I have pcos and ovulate irregularly ( between cd25-65)

How much am I on? - I am on my first cycle at 50mg and will go up to 100mg next month

When do you take it? - I take mine on CD2 til CD7

Any side effects? - really bad hot flushes around cd8-10 and cramps around ov cd20

Did it help OV? - got a positive opk cd20 and ov'd the same day. Great results s far

If you had long cycles, did it help reduce them? - my cycles were VERY Long, the last ne after my miscarridge in December was 81 days then I was out on the pill for one cycle then started clomid. Ov'd cd 20 so witch should be here Friday

Was Clomid a success for you? - I ovulated so there is always a chance, just have to wait and see.

Hey, welcome to the thread Laura. :) Thank you for adding to it, hopefully you won't need your next round of Clomid. FX! x

PinkDiamond - I get mine on prescription too and got it from my infertility consultant. x

I'm alright, had a stitch on my right side earlier but reckon it's cos I was sitting at an angle lol. Still emotional/hormonal...Poor hubby on the receiving end of it most of the time. :rolleyes:

Will start using ov tests tomorrow, excited to be POAS lol.

Hope everyone's doing ok. :)

x

Lol have you missed poas?! I haven't done it for ages!
I am feeling ok, surprisingly relaxed about my scan later today, I figured stressing won't change the outcome!

Hi Ladies

I hope you're all well. I'm completely new to all this so bear with me! I got diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago (having had all tests) after having very irregular periods - maybe 4 a year if I was lucky.

I just got married last year but OH and I had been TTC for a couple of years with no luck. I went to the GP again at the start of the year to see what the next step would be. Had more blood tests and OH did sample (all fine for him). I had an appt with the consultant last week and it was decided that I would go on clomid. I had just come to the end of AF so now it's a waiting game. I was given a slip to take to my own GP to get the prescription for Clomid and if in 6 weeks time there's still no sign of AF (high chance there won't be), I'm to get a prescription for progesterone to bring on AF then start on the Clomid. I will be getting a scan on CD12 to see how I'm getting on...apart from that I don't know much more so hoping my GP will be able to shed a bit more light on it all for me - it's very confusing!

Quite nervous (and excited) about the whole thing to be honest - I'm convinced I'm going to make a mess of what I'm supposed to do and when! I've made an appt with my GP to discuss in a couple of weeks when I know all the information will be there from the hospital.

It's been good to read about other people's experiences on here and hopefully I'll learn more as I go on. For now though, I think the next 5 weeks of waiting to be able to start will be long! Sorry if I've rambled on a bit!
xx

Well i'm still doing rubbish!! Only got 2 cheapie opks left and im really debating with myself as to whether i should buy some more! Still got a fair few CB smilies!!

Welcome to the thread eclaire! Sorry AF is playing silly buggers, hopefully the progesterone will kick it into gear. I was given Norethisterone to induce my AF and it worked a treat - hopefully you'll get the same results and so be able to start Clomid soon! :yay: x

Blondy - I've not missed it as such but on my previous cycles there was no point in doing either ov tests or hpts as I wasn't oving so it was such a waste of money and tests! But I feel like I have a fair chance now so looking forward to seeing how the ov tests pan out! Yesterday's was darker than I expected, will upload piccies when I get back this afternoon. All the best for your scan hun, will be thinking of you. :) x

Nicky - To be honest, if it were me I'd buy more ... And keep going lol but if today's test is light then maybe your darkest was your positive? Sorry they're messing you around hun. :hugs: x

I'm CD10 today, have managed to BD every other night without actually planning to! Although I think DH has a master plan cos he's been initiating it.... Hmmm ;) x x

Got back off holiday yesterday and it took me mall of 15 mins to go upstairs and do a test and to my surprise it was a BFP! I have had no symptoms at all And still don't, I am so surprised but happy the clomid worked first time. Just have to hope this baby is sticky x

Wow fantastic news! Congratulations!! Will add your BFP to the first page as I'm going to try and count them. :)

x

Ov tests...

First is cd9 and then today's, cd10.

Thoughts? They're slightly darker in RL. Will have to see what tomorrow's is like...

x

Attachments

• cd9.png
    cd9.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 24
  • cd10.png
    cd10.png
    260 KB · Views: 25
Thank you. They are some great ov tests. Are you going to back it up with a clear blue digi x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back