Terrible Twos

Caitlyns Mummy x

Reaction score
We're not there yet, but she has started to get some bad habits and I would like some advice. Not to stop it, I know it's more or less inevitable, but how I can encourage her.

She says "hey!" in a telling off sort of voice all the time. If someone touches her or goes near her that she doesn't like she will say "hey!" and at soft play a little girl wouldn't let her in a play house, and kept pushing her out, and now she has started to be the same.

She is the most lovely little girl but she's getting some bad habits that's all. How do I stop her pushing other children out of the play house :rofl: and how do I stop her saying "hey!" at everyone and telling them off?

you just need to tell her no and distract her with something else. dont make a huge deal out of it but definetly be firm and distract her as soon as you can.

Do you say 'hey' to her or to anyone if they touch you or something? Or perhaps someone who looks after her or is around her says it? They learn by mimicking which is why I avoid 'no' or once she cottons on, she'll be 'no-ing' me right back! :lol: I'm not sure how to uncondition something like that. I supposed I'd do the same as I do when Hebe trys to smack me. I tell her 'dont slap mummy because it's not nice and it hurts me'. I really believe explaining why you dont want a particular behaviour is important :)

i say no to katie all the time, which i now i shouldnt lol. but now she's got wise and says yes every time i do it!

It's hard because all kids learn these bad habits, it's the same as the old "playground tatics" kids who have never heard a sworn word before soon learn to pick it up from other children or even complete strangers.
Like others have said explaing why every time you disagree is a good thing to be in the habit of doing.

for mads, this is what i generally do - get down on her level, tell her what i don't like her doing, like getting the dvd's out, then distract her. it seems to be working as if she does something naughty, like a take a dvd out, she cuddles me and then gives it back saying ta :lol:

I don't say "no" really, I tend to use thing like "Caitlyn don't do that please." As for hey, I have absolutely NO idea where she got it from but I really don't like it :( Maybe she has picked it up from some of the older children at soft play? I know a few of them are quite mean when she wants to play with something they have. She's been pushed over a few times :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back