Entertaining LO

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I just wondered what everyone did during the day to entertain LO if your just around the house?

Barring putting her on her play gym or in her bouncy chair I run out of ideas! Surely she must get bored on her play gym? I sing and talk to her too which always gets smile but just wonder if anyone has any suggestions for some new games?

She's 9 weeks!

Thanks ladies xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Have you tried tummy time hunny? Also singing and reading them stories can help them develop x x

Thanks hun she has a tummy time cushion thingy on her play gym I try her on it every day....she's not too keen lol!

Its tiring trying to entertain them all day.......not that I'm complaining as its the best thing ever....just don't want LO to get bored xx

I remember wondering what to do all day. At that age I think the entertaining is as much for you as them. I did.....
Reading books/stories
This little piggy etc...
Dancing both upright and with him lying on the floor and me moving his arms and legs
Painting - I covered hIs feet in paint and did footprints or just let him kick some paper
Peekaboo
Shone a torch for him to follow with his eyes
Just rolling around lying on the bed

Hope that helps x

I really struggle as well to try and entertain caleb... During the day he doesn't show much interest in his playmat, only around dinner time when it's a bit darker (we got him one with a light show and that's his favourite bit!)

I was thinking of getting him one of those black and white picture books, and a kick and play piano...

xx

We went to a baby sensory class last week, it was great fun and Kynon seemed to enjoy it. They had lots of things like lights, bells, sounds, music, different things to touch, singing, mirrors, rocking and other little games. Was good to meet other mums with young babies and get some new ideas of things to play with him.

Glad you asked this question as I've been looking for ideas too! Yesterday I was sorting the washing and had Grace in her bouncy chair, I held up each piece of clothing in turn so she could see it and told her what it was and what colour pile it was going on. She obviously didn't have a clue what I was doing/saying but it seemed to keep her entertained lol! OH often dances with her which she loves and I've started reading her stories in funny voices x x

I like your washing idea bella! Makes chore easier for us too!

Aw yeah that sounds like a fab idea! I always wonder what to do with her whilst I'm doing the washing etc! Thanks ladies I will put some of these into practice!

Looks like mummy and miss Freya shall be having fun the next few days :) xx

Haha! I was doing exactly the same with my washing the other day, he just sat there in his bouncy chair watching me fold the sheets, he did seem very interested bless him especially when I shook them (the sheets)!
My little one likes to be in the baby carrier when I walk the dog in the forest and he stares at everything around, he used to go straight to sleep but now seems much more interested in his surroundings.

I carry our LO around a lot and talk and sing to her. She hates the play gym (maybe she's too young for it) but likes sitting and looking at me doing stuff. I play with her hands and feet too by moving them in time to the music or song, she seems happy with that.

Oh and she watches programmes with us on our projector(!) I think the moving pictures and sound attract her lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back