• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Temping virgin alert!!!

Kezzipea

Reaction score
Hola everyone!
Ok so my basal thermometre has arrived......

Now wat? Lol

Ive been staring at the contraption for a while. And i am slightly scared of it.
Any help welcomed!
Where do i start?

Thankyou!!! xxxxxxxxxx

You are meant to take your temp every morning when you wake up before you get out of bed. There are loads of rules though about how many hours sleep you've had etc. I never got my head around it and gave up.... I also found that even small amounts of alcohol mess it up too (ie if id had a drink the night before, my temp was always higher in the morning).

Good luck!

Oh poop. Just sounds like another confusing ovulation thing to worry about.
Maybe i shud have stuck to OPKs! Lol.

Thanx shug xxx

Stick it in your gob every morning and log temp .. :lol: :lol:

Other than that I don't know though (not sure what the rises and drops etc mean!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lol thanx for ur wise words carnat!
How u gettin on with ur bumpy? Cant believe u 21wks already.
WOWSERS! XXXX

I never temped hun (I am surprised as I was a proper TTC control freak :lol:) but other ladies swear by it...

It could be an idea just to make sure your temps coincide with when you think you ovulate?

Are you not going to bother with OPK's at all?

Yep 21 weeks, it's flying

xxxxxxxxx

Lol of course i am, i am OPK obsessive!
They are coming along with me on my temping adventure!

Im just winding my OH up saying the therm is to stick up his bum.
Heehee.
Hes freaking out.

xxxx

aww god i would defo forget to do this im useless lol x

unless u do an alarm on ur fone to go off every morning that says take temp lol like the callender thing u can do for important dates x

To do this properly and to get any meaningful info from it u need to get clued up - read the FAQs on fertility friend or tcyof.com and set up an online chart. U must must must follow the instructions to the letter till u r happy and are aware of what temps are normal for you. Do not look at temp variances on a day to day basis, only look at them as a whole cycle. Good luck. I started this a year ago and I knew I had a progesterone problem before my gp did!

So does it take a few months to get used to temping then b4 u can actually use it to TTC?
xxx

I reckon it probably would be more useful after monitoring it for a few cycles hun yeah... This is my first month of doing my temp (I'm now on CD36, and AF is late, but getting BFNs, my temp is off the chart + really high! But thats another story lol...) But generally I have found to really helpful to visably see how the temp dips in the middle of the cycle then lift afterwards. I think I will definitely carry on doing it next cycle (if this time really is a BFN and AF finally decides to arrive at some point!!) I've attached my temp chart so you can have a butchers if you wish to..xxx

Attachments

• june chart (paint file).jpg
    june chart (paint file).jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 11
Awwww thanx shug.
Iv gotta print my charts off yet.
It all looks a bit confoozing at the mo but im sure ill get the jist of it soon!

If not then ill just scream at it.

:)
xx

Sorry i am bit dumb. Wen does ur chart say u ov'd then missy?
Is ur temp ment to go up wen u ov?
And is it 2days b4 like opk or actually wen ur ov'ing?
Ive googling till ive turned blue. i still cant make sense of it.
I shud be blonde.
xx

Well...as far as I can get my head around it all your temp shoots up a day or two after ovualation.. so looking at my chart I had a positive OPK on CD19 so would have OV'd on either CD20 or CD21 then my temp jumps up from CD22 onwards..

that means that temping doesnt really tell you when you are about to ovualate (so in that respect doesnt sound too helpful ha) but really helps you look back and confirm whether or not you did actually ovulate when you think you did and also gives you a good idea for future cycles when you are likely to ovulate... you may also learn about a pattern of temps that you yourself experience just before OV (mine dipped down quite dramatically a few days before I believe this can happen to some people)

hope you get on alright with it hun, let us know how it goes!! xxx

Ahhhhh i see!
So it doesnt actually tell u in advance so u can BD.....yer can still use OPK for that but it just confirms wen u ov'd.
Which is helpful actually cuz i often go out of my mind wondering!
Thanx hun xxxx

U have ovulated when you have 3 temps higher than the coverline. Honestly don't mean to be rude but to get anything out of it you need to reads up on it. There is even tutorial videos on fertility friend u can watch.

I been reading all afto but it just seemed so strict and complicated!
I thawt there mite be easier way or something. Obviously not lol.
So thwt id double check with u lot as i know a gud few of u temp.

Buying a fertility monitor tomo also so hopefully with all these gadgets i will finally get there!

xxx

That's exactely what this forum is here for though isnt it, to 'read up on things' and get a balanced and varied point of view in addition to info you have read from other sources, its an ideal place to share knowledge / experiences, well I think so anyway :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back