baby having family food?

Em78

Reaction score
gettin to the point where i want alex to have the same (or a variation of) the same meals as us but mashed (he is getting good with lumps now so time to move on from purree veg)

anyone else doing this now? what meals have you found best/easiest etc?

have tried roast chicken with all the veg, chicken chassuear with rice and veg and cheesy tuna pasta!

i want to use other meats than chicken but am not a big red mead eater so am unsure where to start or what would be best for alex to try first/

also (sorry for all the questions!) is salt in cooking a no-no? i have alwasy put a little salt i with pasta and rice when cooking for us and dont know if its ok for alex's food (have avoided so far and added afterwards).

any help or recipe ideas welcomed!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I think the salt is a no-no until they're one to do with their kidneys and brain or something like that! You can get no or low salt stock cubes most places. Our problem with sharing food is that we eat really spicy and highly flavoured food all of the time as my OH dislikes "bland" food (I love bland food but hey ho!), also I'm a vegetarian so I generally cook two meals anyway- aargh! I am still batch cooking and freezing at the moment until I work a way around the problem. Babies and curries, black bean stir fries and chilli moroccan casseroles just don't go and you can't really add spices at the end of cooking as the meat/veggies need to take in the flavour! Sigh!

+++

We are the opposite - i like spicy and dh likes bland! you get used to cooking two different meals evernight though - i dont even think about it now. at least alex will have to be one or the other!

will keep avoiding the salt for now then.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I stopped adding salt to cooking pasta etc whilst i was pregnant. Someone told me to add a little olive oil to the water and it worked a treat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back