Telling Work

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a quick question. Has anyone told their work that they are pregnant? How soon did you tell them? I know that legally I don't have to tell them but I'm a radiographer and the hospital takes no responsibility for any dose I recieve before I tell them. I'm going to the doctors to get everything confirmed on friday so was thinking of telling them my manager on monday as the doctors appointment is after work. It seems so early to tell as I've only just got my positive but I know I have to!
Cat x x x

I would tell your manager chick. Its all confidential so cant be passed on but obviously they will have to do a risk assessment for you and bubba to make it as best environment as possible. Also "CONGRATULATIONS" xxxxx

i told the manager of the branch where i am based and also told my line manager.....just so they do the risk assessment and keep an eye on me really...

xx

Thanks for your replies. I'll definately be telling my manager I just want to get it confirmed by the Dr first does that make sense? I need to tell my team lead too as we do some heavy lifting etc.

x x x

If you work in a hospital I guess you have to tell them straight away as you could be exposed to all sorts of risks. At least it's taken out of your hands and they have to deal with it!

I've been thinking the same thing Binzy - Hubby doesn't want me to tell anyone until we've been to the Dr which I understand but also I want to tell work so that they are aware!

I told my manager straight away because all I do all day is lift and stack! I've been put on tills because it's safer. If I was in an office where I wasn't under pressure, I would have waited, but it just depends on how much risk you feel you and baby are at. I say if there's any then tell them. xxx

look at your ticker sunny :) we have matching babies...he he xx

Hi

I told my manager straight away too as in my role I have to go offshore 2-3 times a month and you're not allowed when PG....didnt think I would be able to get out of it that many times lol!

xx

look at your ticker sunny :) we have matching babies...he he xx

Awwwwww!!! hehe!! So cute. I have been going :D:D:D every time I do a post at the new ticker! Looks like an actual baby now bless xxx

yeah i know....cute eh :) cant wait til friday when mine will change again xx

I told just my manager as I know that she is the one who has to do risk assessments and at my work I can be exposed to certain ilnesses due to working with kids. Only recently we had slapped cheek and mumps so wanted to make sure that if they come into my work I know immediately.

I am 4+5 and told my boss today as I want to go back to working from home one day a week as I am knackered all the time and it would be nice not to have the hour drive in the morning and at night.

Also I wanted them to know if anything goes wrong why I might need some time off.

I told my manager after I had my first scan and they confirmed I was pregnant. I needed her to know as I needed time off for my secon scan. However, there have been changes at my work in the past two weeks and my manager that I told was promoted.

I now have a new manager and I haven't told him yet as I'm very good friends with his wife and would prefer to tell them together but haven't had the chance yet to get together with them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back