telling collegues...

cherelle

Reaction score
I havent offically told everyone at work yet that im pregnant but i have told a few people who i know can keep it to themselves.

Has anyone else told everyone at work? I dont know if you tell individuals and tell them to spread the word or get everyone together and tell them?? I dont want to make a massive deal of it but i dont really want it as gossip either? x

Well...my boss knows and then because I kept being sick every morning at work (our loo is next door to our office) she suggested I tell my team because we're only a team of 4 anyway and they would probably work it out from all my vomming!!! So I did. They've been great and it's been nice not to have to hide my sickness and tiredness!!!xx

Hi cherelle I told a few close friends at work before my scan who I knew would keep quiet. Then happened to be out for a gathering of work friends on the evening of the scan so told them all then in person then when I got home sent an email round to everyone else at work announcing so that it was me telling everyone rather than everyone gossiping! Hope that helps x

i did the pregnancy test at work with my (now) manager so she knew, then i told the ones i was closest to first then by about a week everyone knew, but we are a team of 6 so wasnt hard for everyone to find out! xx

I'm going back to work tomorrow for the first time after telling my boss I'm pregnant - really don't know what to do about my colleagues, who to tell and when....I've only been there 6 months and am not really close friends with any of them, it can be a bit bitchy there......think I'll just wait and see what happens .....

I had to ask my boss yesterday if I could go home sick, and I figured that was a good time to let her know the news. I've been sick A LOT, and instead of having her think I was faking it, maybe I could get a wee bit of sympathy this way ;) As I was packing up my things to go home, I also let the rest of the ladies in my department know as some of them had already made jokes about me being potentially pregnant. I couldn't hide it for much longer.

Also, a few days before, one of them had walked in on me while I was throwing up in the bathroom, and she later told me that she thought I was bulimic. Lovely, eh? I wanted to nip those kinds of thoughts in the bud.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back