when did you announce it?

x.Lilly.x

Reaction score
With my first i was very young, just turned 16 so it wasnt really something I shouted about, second baba me and my partner had planned it so told everyone over facebook when i was about 6-7 weeks (although i ibviously rung my close familly to tell them).
This one is planned too BUT i wont have such a good reaction from my familly.
I am so excited and just want to tell everyone but dont want to jinx myself incase everything went wrong and then id have to explain what happened to everyone i told.
when did you tell friends and familly?

Last edited:
My mum and his mum straight away when we got home from holiday, everyone else after early scan at 8w to confirm baby was in the womb and not in my tube. we have been tryin for over 2 years n very nearly had fertility treatment, only didn't cos we found out we were expecting! We were way to excited to keep it a secret!

cant remember haha!! i told my parents and his p[arents and told them not to say but it was out in no time haha xx

My dad and oh mom and dad as well as sisters and brothers know now, everyone else after 8wk scan :) xxx

We've kinda gone in little bits. I told my mum straight away - and got the response should you not have waited a while (to tell her). Told DH's folks at her birthday last weeked - she got a Happy Birthday Grandma card with her present - and I've just told my brother, gran etc today. some of my friends have know for a wee bit longer, but thats cause I couldnt hide the sickness from them. For a proper announcement I think we're gonna wait until first scan is done and everything is ok.

I know this is wrong, but my mum doesn't know yet for the simple reason is she will fast dial everyone and tell everyone else before I can get round to it, even if I say please don't, so going to wait till the weekend and tell her. I have told the children, who are very excited and have told me to start eating more fruit haha and I have told very close friends, who I know wont tell anyone.

A few close friends know. The ex partner ( my kids dad) and OH dad knows. Waiting until 12 weeks scan to tell anyone else. But that is purely because I don't want the children knowing until we are out of the first trimester. Would be horrible to have to explain to them a miscarriage x

we have not told anyone at all this time, but thats due to previous problems, told our parents last 2 times.

I dont think it really matters though, they say tell people who you are comfortable with :)

Um we told family as soon as we found out. We told a few close friends quite early on as well but we didn't make our big announcement until after our scan when we knew everything was ok. I haven't done a facebook announcement so a lot of people that I haven't seen still don't know! But people will figure it out eventually lol :)

I am not telling a soul until i get to tri 2. The worst part about the mc was having to tell people about it and I don't want to have to do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back