Tell us your age when you give birth to your first child

I am 33 and just had our first. Been married 11 years. It feels like the perfect time. The only down side is that now I want more and I'm aware that the clock is ticking.

Im 23.....had my little girl when I was 22 xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

call me stupid as its possible but i dont understand ops comment about if you're in your 20s it largely reduces the risk of guving birth to a baby.....sorry if im being really stupid x

From a strictly biological perspective, the 20s is the best decade for conceiving and carrying a baby: Experts say the average woman's fertility peaks when she's 24.As you get older, your ovaries age along with the rest of your body, and your eggs become less viable. For that reason, younger women's eggs are less likely than older women's to have genetic abnormalities that result in Down syndrome and other birth defects.The risk of miscarriageis also far lower: The risk is about 10 percent for women in their 20s, 20 percent for women in their mid- to late-30s, and about 35 percent for women in their early 40s.

However, some scientists say the difference in a woman's fertility in her early and late 20s is negligible.

24 when I had Olly, he is 3 weeks old now. I am 25 next week ... Feel like its the perfect time for our first.Me and hubby got married last Sep
Xx

i dont think there is a perfect time nor that you have to be married first. that said iv been married for three years now im having my first baby at age of 27 though il be 28 shortly after baby is here. i think you cannot plan babies exactly as it can take longer to concieve than you think, there may be losses along the way this is despite being my first baby my third pregnancy i had no reason t expect any problems as no family history and no genetic factors. sadly i still had two anacephaly pregnancys. i think we have to be flexible in our life plans xxxx

i dont think there is a perfect time nor that you have to be married first. that said iv been married for three years now im having my first baby at age of 27 though il be 28 shortly after baby is here. i think you cannot plan babies exactly as it can take longer to concieve than you think, there may be losses along the way this is despite being my first baby my third pregnancy i had no reason t expect any problems as no family history and no genetic factors. sadly i still had two anacephaly pregnancys. i think we have to be flexible in our life plans xxxx

You are right, our life plans need to be flexible. I start this post just want to know your opinions about this important thing that we have to face in our life:)

23, had baby 11days ago :)
Been with OH 3 n half yrs also engaged but mortgage and baby no2 before wedding! Lol x

just turned 32 and more ready than ever for my long awaited baby :)

I was 32 nearly 33 when i had my son and am still 33 and 18 weeks pregnant with my next baby lol x

Well i guess my answer will prove your theory. I was 38, it was the right time for me. And he took 2 years to conceive.

My son has Down's syndrome, however it's worth noting that 80% of kids with downs are born to younger couples.
And a lot are undiagnosed til birth.

I have many friends older and younger who had no issues conceiving

I will also add that I was carrying a baby in good health through the pregnancy and that was with a heart condition I have; at 14 weeks they told me they wanted to do a c section at 37 weeks in case my heart was not going to cope with labour, it was fine, me and baby were perfect through labour and I had a very good one at that

Well i guess my answer will prove your theory. I was 38, it was the right time for me. And he took 2 years to conceive.

My son has Down's syndrome, however it's worth noting that 80% of kids with downs are born to younger couples.
And a lot are undiagnosed til birth.

I have many friends older and younger who had no issues conceiving

I was 30 when I had Aaron and he has Down syndrome - I really don't believe in the age link tbh!

Tapatalking!

Well I'm sure there is but this stupid calculation that gives us our ratio of downs leaves a lot to be desired.

Worked for me but next time round if we can conceive again, my stats will automatically be high due to Charlie's downs and my age

Well I'm sure there is but this stupid calculation that gives us our ratio of downs leaves a lot to be desired.

Worked for me but next time round if we can conceive again, my stats will automatically be high due to Charlie's downs and my age

I am curious that how did your doctor explain when you found that your baby have Down's syndrome? Any symptoms before?

I should have been 40 when Drake arrived, but he came early so I was still 39. :)

I wanted to have my first around 28, but unfortunately life had other plans for me.

I'm 35 and 4 weeks preg' with my first. Hubby and I have been trying for almost 4 years. MC at 33.

Actually, there are many women choose to have a baby in their 30s and 40s. It turns out that their babies are quite healthy. And mothers in 30s and 40s will spare more love to their babies since they know it is not easy.

Actually, there are many women choose to have a baby in their 30s and 40s. It turns out that their babies are quite healthy. And mothers in 30s and 40s will spare more love to their babies since they know it is not easy.

I'm not sure how you can say women over 30 will spare more love for a child? Are you saying anybody under 30 will love their child less?

I'm not sure how you can say women over 30 will spare more love for a child? Are you saying anybody under 30 will love their child less?

WSS ^^ I love my child as much as any older mother!

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Of course all the mother in the world love their kids. What i mean is that it is relatively harder for 40-year-old women to get pregrent, so they may dying for a baby whom they will coddle more carefully and are more willing to accept the changes that come with having a child. They may miss out on traveling or shopping with their girlfriends, but they do not mind as much as many young mothers. Also, parenting ability evolves with age. Raising children can be emotionally and physically taxing and many parents – especially young ones – aren’t completely prepared for the sacrifice and patience it often requires.It is just my personal opinion of the general mums. At least i am not ready to be a qualified mother, and i am 24 years old now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back