Tell us your age when you give birth to your first child

I was pregnant at 19, have birth at 20. Was engaged for 2 years and married when 3 months preganant. Seems perfect for me :) x

I will be 26, due in 3 weeks, been with my OH for 9 years. Since falling pregnant I've noticed that although I feel right age personally, I'm actually quite young compared to a lot of the new first time mums I'm meeting! X

Had my first at 30, married 1 year (together 7)

Plan on having another in the next few years

I was married at 20 and j came at 21. Tbh he was a surprise and looking back id at least waited till id finished uni BUT im now 24 have 2 beautiful boys married for 4 years. Hubby is a doig a phd and im starting a law conversion course in sept so although nit what I wanted at the tims having j and g has given me the motivation to go on and better myself so thta I can prove that I still got to do everything I wanted to before them...iv just had to wait 3 years but whats 3 years in the grand scheme of life?!

So in retrospect it was DEFINITELY the right time for us x

I was 31 & it was the perfect age for me, even though I had thought I would have a family before then! I had done all the travelling/partying I wanted to do & now a night in front of the telly cuddling a gorgeous baby is my idea of the perfect night. :)

I was 28 with o. Il be 30 with this baby
Im engaged and been with oh 8 yrs x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Had my 1st at 27 and hope to have my 2nd around 30... I think physically it's a good age for me. Had a very smooth pregnancy and birth, my doctor made a passing comment it was obviously the right time for me.

I had my first at 17, second at 19, third at 24 and 4th at 36. Yes I was young and it was hard work but being a young mom was great and I have kinda grown up with my own kids lol. If I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing x

tapatalkin

33 when I gave birth. Not married but have been together 11 years.

I was 20 when I gave birth. Been with my OH for 3 years xx

I was married at 22 weeks, 24 when C was born and will be 26 when number 2 comes along xx

I was 20 with my first 22 with my second 24 with my third and will be 30 this time around x

Wow, you are a great mother.Are you still in great shape after giving birth to your kids? How did you balance all this years?

I had my first when I was 33 and will be 34 when my second is born at the end of this year. It's the right time in terms of my situation - been married a couple of years, had finished training for my job etc. - but I did want children when I was in my late 20s, just hadn't met the right man at the time!

Have your parents urged you to get married when you were in your late 20s?

I was 25 when I got pregnant, and 26 when I gave birth. I don't think there is a general 'perfect' age, I think it entirely depends on the parents and their particular circumstances :)

Yeah, the parents' particular circumstances matters. What i am considering is that if i got pregnant in my middle 20s, it will largely reduce the risk of giving bith to a baby, also it will be easier for me to keep a nice figure after that. However, this period of time is a great opportunity for me to learn new things and accumulate working experiences. That is to say, I do not want to miss my perfect time to give birth to a healthy baby, in the meanwhile i do not want to give up my career either. That’s why i started this thread and see how you balance your family and career in your 20s.

I had my first at 17, second at 19, third at 24 and 4th at 36. Yes I was young and it was hard work but being a young mom was great and I have kinda grown up with my own kids lol. If I could do it all again I wouldn't change a thing x

tapatalkin

Hail to young mothers, you must very happy with your four kids now. Your first kids must go to high school now while you are still so young.

I had my first when I was 30 and my second a week before my 32nd Birthday :)

I would like a 3rd (if the time is right) by the time i'm 35 x

I had my first when I was 33 and will be 34 when my second is born at the end of this year. It's the right time in terms of my situation - been married a couple of years, had finished training for my job etc. - but I did want children when I was in my late 20s, just hadn't met the right man at the time!

Have your parents urged you to get married when you were in your late 20s?

Um, nope. Why do you ask?

If I'd met my OH earlier, we would have definitely started a family earlier. There's no way I'd have deliberately waited until my 30s to have children (increased risks etc.). However, in terms of what I was actually doing in my mid-late 20s (training for my career) it's been much better this way. I was able to get to a senior position in my job before going on maternity leave and so able to go back part-time to a reasonably well-paid job.

call me stupid as its possible but i dont understand ops comment about if you're in your 20s it largely reduces the risk of guving birth to a baby.....sorry if im being really stupid x

I was 27, 31 with my daughter and am now ttc no3 at just turned 35!

I was 44 when I had my LO, ii am 45 now so don't think there will be a second, sadly :-( she's my little miracle!
Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back