When you get your first scan..

JMC

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section for this topic but...

I was just wondering whether when you have your first scan is it poissible for them to give you roughly the data you concieved

It would just be nice to know the exact date we made our baby :)

Hiya JMC

Yes it's possible to work out the date you concieved from the Due date they give you at your scan. Just bear in mind that all babies grow at different rates in utero, so the date can be a few days out, depending on the size of the baby at the scan.

Hope this helps

I dont think they can work out the exact date you concieved.

A friend of mine did the deed with his ex and a couple of days later she did the deed with her then boyfriend and she got pregnant. She went for a scan and asked what the exact date was that she concieved, but they couldnt tell her. They could just tell her how many weeks she was, as they date it from the time of your last period.

Just incase anyone was wondering how that story ended lol. His ex had the baby but wont have a DNA test, he thinks the baby is his so is back together with her :? and im trying to bite my tongue and not but my nose in. (tho its hard)

ive had 2 scans and got another one on monday

on the last 2 scans my dates both changed :roll:

violet-glow said:

A friend of mine did the deed with his ex and a couple of days later she did the deed with her then boyfriend and she got pregnant. She went for a scan and asked what the exact date was that she concieved, but they couldnt tell her. They could just tell her how many weeks she was, as they date it from the time of your last period.

Just incase anyone was wondering how that story ended lol. His ex had the baby but wont have a DNA test, he thinks the baby is his so is back together with her :? and im trying to bite my tongue and not but my nose in. (tho its hard)

Good God, what a mess !!

The ex seems pretty confiedent, i assume he knows about her sleeping with her b/f 2 days later?

I think they have to have a DNA test !! At the moment they both stand a 50/50 chance

Obviously if they dont now sometimes in the future an argument will happen and a DNA test will be called for

Madness

MomNat said:
They told us that we conceived on Sunday 26th February :D :dance:

How? People are saying they cant do that...

I asked this at my scan and they said they couldn't. Apparently you can concieve a couple of days after you do the deed (depending on when you ovulate) so it could be anytime. I know the date of the deed when Seren was concieved but I don't know the exact day if you know what I mean.

Hmm, Well our scan should be any time now so i'll just wait and see :)

Hiya JMC

They can give you a date (They wil give you an Estimated Due Date and you work out the conception date from that) - But more often than not, it won't be 100% accurate. There are lots of factors which can make the date you are given out. For example, your baby could be growing at a faster or slower rate than "average". This can put your dates out.
What you have to remember is that the baby's age is calculated by certain measurements that are entered into the computer. The information in the database is used to calculate your baby's age - Your baby's measurements will be compared to the "average" baby to get an age. Each baby is unique and it's growth in utero completely individual - so in essence, the date you are given can only be estimated.

From personal experience, I have found the dates accurate within 2 days. I knew my date of conception and my baby was dated 2 days ahead of what he actually was.

Hope I havn't confused you too much with my waffle!

JMC said:
violet-glow said:

Good God, what a mess !!

The ex seems pretty confiedent, i assume he knows about her sleeping with her b/f 2 days later?

I think they have to have a DNA test !! At the moment they both stand a 50/50 chance

Obviously if they dont now sometimes in the future an argument will happen and a DNA test will be called for

Madness

He knows, but he doesnt care. He wanted nothing to do with her while she was pregnant, but now shes had it hes being there for her and the baby. Im staying out of it bceause I know ill say something he doesnt like. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back