Tell me the good bits!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
People I know are all very good at telling me horror stories and how difficult it can be and how hard work it is etc....to have a child, :? but to be honest, it has made me totally dread being a mother and I'm barely excited at all. :cry: , because I am so worried about it.

So.... :D I would like each and every one of you to tell me something wonderful about being a mum so that I can get all broody again, because despite my nursery being almost ready and having all the outfits hung up in the wardrobe I barely feel broody at all!

People keep asking me if I am excited, and my answer seems to be "not really! and if you keep telling me horror stories, then how can I be excited!!! :evil: "

I have noticed loads of you saying that you already want to do it again.

So go on, tell me the good bits please and no bad bits!

:D Thank you so much for this. I really need your help.

my best bit has to be when you go into bedroom in morning and you are greated by a big gummy smile :D

I don't care if i've been up twice in a night it just melts my heart

Other things are that great feeling when people you don't know stop you when you are out and tell you how gorgeous your baby is ( old ladies are the best!)

Hope you feel better
Jo x

i love it when danielle holds her arms out to me, when she says mama, shes just starting to lean forward for a kiss.

everything new she does makes my heart melt and makes me feel sooo proud to be her mummy. its so worth it, trust me :lol:

It's hard to define the good bits... not because there aren't any but because for me the good bits are EVERYTHING.

From the moment you set eyes on them it will change your life... no one tells you about the joy they can bring *just by being yours* just by being in the same room when you can't stop looking at them and how perfect they are and how they are the cuteset baby you have ever seen.

The joy becomes part of you...that's the best way I can describe it.... people ask me what it's like being a mom and I just say it's like Christmas everyday!

Sounds sappy I know, but no one will explain it properly till you have your baby then suddenly you will understand what we've all been whittering on about.

:D

When you get up at 4am and they smile at you from the cot! :?

When they pee over you and then laugh!!

When they get exited and start waving their little legs and arms around!

When they first smile and Coo at you

When you look at your baby and you think your heart will melt because you have never felt so much love and protection for one little boy/girl!

You almost cry with them when they have their injections - but you know that it is you that they seek comfort from!

Yes there are times when you will hate them but the love wil out way it!

i have loads of fav bits but at the mo it is wen i get wonken up in the morning by him not with screams but with coos (at his ipswich postor) then the big smile i get wen i go into his room melts me to peices no matter how tired i am :)
also now he is looking round for me and iif he cant see hear me crys :) it means loads to me coz wen he was younger thought he would be a daddys boy even tho he didnt see him but he is a mummys boy :)

dont listen to people i find wen B gets up its loverly coz it is me n him time with no one else - but the dog -

EVERYTHING TOTALLY EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

From changing his nappies to the little squeeky noises he makes when sleeping.

I did not know what to expect as every mother will feel different things for their child. You just wait, the second you hold your child for the first time you will not want to let go and when you do, you will just stare at them in amazement, "look at what I have created" comes to your mind and you smile. I had no idea the amount of love that you can have for another person, and it's totally unconditional.

It is not very much longer for you now, you have all sorts of things going through your mind but believe in me, you are the mum and you will know this baby better than anyone and they wil love you soooooooo much, you ill be their world and they will be yours.

I am excited for when you feel this!!!!! I want to hear all about your experience and I couldn;t have imagined any of these feelings. each day feels better than the day before and you don't even expect better.... Thats the bet part I guess!!!!!!!!

Luv, Tineke

The things I love about Jessica are,

The way she comes up and cuddles me.
She is excited to see me when I come home from work.
She has an adorable nature and is really quite funny.
She wants mummy when she falls over and nuzzles into my neck.
She has a lovely smell after a bath and I love to sit and watch tv with her cuddled in half asleep.
She is my baby girl and always will be.

My DH said to me in the hospital when he was one day old that "we've created our own best friend" and he's right!

Even though Elliott is only 5 weeks old, and still in the first 6 week period that people tell you horror stories about he is totally fabulous. Every day he's learning new things, he can see further everyday and he's smiling more and more.

This morning he woke up at 5.30 and after his feed he was wide awake so I propped him up on the pillow next to me and we lay down head to head and looked at some baby shape books. One of them has smiley faces and he smiled at that one. One has mirror pages and when we got to that one he smiled too at the refection of the two of us. Cute!

You always have someone to cuddle with a baby around :)

Thank you so much for all your lovely words.

I feel very gooey now and extremely broody all of a sudden.

I'm going to go off and stroke my bump while I still can! :D

You lot are wonderful!

:D

Seren isn't smiling yet but I love the faces she pulls when she looks at you. Also the snuffling noises she makes when she is trying to feed from me before I'm ready. I was the least maternal person ever and hated sick and poo but I was there last night with sick in my hair and baby cuddled into my chest the happiest person ever. Being a mum rules!!!

Rubie grunts and growls when trying to find my nipple lol She sounds like a little lion!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim said:
Rubie grunts and growls when trying to find my nipple lol She sounds like a little lion!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sren sounds like I little piggy, it really makes me laugh :D

beanie said:
Kim said:

Sren sounds like I little piggy, it really makes me laugh :D

When Brody has hiccups he sounds like he's swallowed a squeaky toy!

Sarah: one thing to remember is: this weird bump you have attached to you has a little personality already, you just haven't met them yet. Sometimes I look at Brody and it's hard to imagine him when he was inside, because he's got so much personality already it's hard to connect him to the bump.

did that make sense to anyone excpet me? LOL

Yeah perfect sense, also when they are born they look far bigger than your bump!!

I spent most of the first week trying to figure out how she fitted in my tummy. She has massive feet and its wierd to think that they were poking out of my bump, they felt so much smaller

there are sooooo many more good things bout bein a mum rather then bad.

the older they get defo the better
dior is 10months and they way she shows she loves me is sooooooo nice, i was watchin con air last night and the end always makes me cry.

dior was sittin on the floor playin with her toys and i was cryin next min she crawled up to me climbed up my leg and tryed puttin her dummy in my mouth. dior loves her dummy and never takes it out of her mouth.
it was the sweetest thing seein her try to comfort me lol bless...

oh and wen she crawls up to the mirror and kisses her relection.
[/color]

Everything is good, even the bad bits if that makes sense, man I really am suffering from lack of sleep - only joking ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back