scared of c section

rach

Reaction score
hi everyone ive been told that there is a high chance i will have a c section this time round as if anything is not looking so good they wont put the baby through the stress of labour well my last 2 were born vaginally so i know what happens then but ive no idea about c sections my sister has had 1 and my friend and all i keep getting is horror stories :( which are terrifying me was hoping some of you who have had 1 might actually tell me exactly how it is so i can prepare myself also keep getting horror stories about the recovery afterwards xxxxxx

i had a fantastic c section, after all the stress of tryin to push my chunky monkey out it was a huge relief!!
i can honestly say that i wouldnt change anythin about it rach, there really is nothin to worry about with the op!!
when ur discharged from hospital u need to take it easy, have plenty of salt baths to heal the scar and not over do things!!
if it does come to u havin to have a section, the doctors know what they r doin so all u have to do is worry about is how ur hair looks lol!!
hope ur pregnancy is goin well!! :hug: :hug:

My SiL was pushing for ages, and then the actual c-section was over in about 10 mins! If you have to go for one, think of all the positives, like how quickly it will over, how quickly you will be able to meet your little one, no pushing for hours, and lots of pain killers if you need them afterwards. Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug:

i loved the feeling of a c section! eventhough i was scared!

the day after was painful but i soon got bk to normal :hug:

thanks everyone :hug: guess its just fear of the unknown :oops: i should stop being so silly xxxxxx

You arent being silly Rach, I was terrified at the thought-my sis had a bad experience as it was an emergency c section and I really didnt want one...after a failed 2 day induction I had to have one and I had a really positive exprience.

The theatre staff were fantastic, they knew I was scared and really reassured me and our lovely midwife explained every single thing as it happened. The feeling was amazing as she was lifted from me.

Its painfull afterwards, try and get up as soon as they let you and take regular pain killers.

It really isnt as scarey as you think..and its over so quick xxxxxxxx

sweetheart dont be scared, it will be fine, i think why people get so worried is that they read all the horrible experince and yea i know there are some, but there are also the fantastic experinces.
u never know what is going to happen weather it be a section or natural so my advice go in with a postive attitude make sure the staff tell u everything that is going to happen, relax and enjoy ur expreince it will be great :hug:

and dont too much too sonn after hun relax :hug:

Rach you will be fine. the staff are great and if it's a planned one all the better. Everyone is so calm it keeps you calm too. It really is over so quick and before you know it bubs is in your arms and you don't even notice them putting you back together! Recovery takes time and of course you are sore after but just don't over do things... take the time to sit back enjoy your little one and let your body heal, take lots of pain killers! :D I think next time I will be opting for a section due to last baby being so big... I'm such a gimp with pain so if I can do it ANYONE can, trust me!

xxx

I had a section with Macaulay and a natural birth with Jordan. I can honestly say I prefered the C-Section. Yes it was painful with a longer stay in hostpital but I had no piles or stitches down below LOL. I would seriously consider having an elective section when I conceive this time.

Hi Rach,
I was REALLY scared of having a section but ended up having to have one because Tom was so big.
In the end it was GREAT and I have NO regrets at all.
The actual spinal was painless (like a bee sting when the local goes in and nothing after that). It feels weird as your body goes numb but there are lots of people there to reassure you.
Our birth was quick and painless and Ali got to hold Tom whilst they stitched me up and I was oblivious because I was staring at the baby.
Two weeks later and I am off all painkillers and feel absolutely fine.
Honestly Rach, it was a breeze!
You'll be fine!
Lucyx

I agree that a planned section is great. I was up and dressed the next morning and only using paracetomel as a pain killer (I'm in Denmark and they don't encourage you to have anything too strong so you don't overdo it). Getting up from sitting down is the most painful thing but for me its kind of like that pain that your scared of having so you are kind of laughing at the same time!

hey hun, i had a planned section and it was fine, was less scarier than i thought, was bed ridden for a day though, i probably could have been up the next day but i didnt want to, was on morphone for the pain, and home 3 days later!

probabally not much advice to you but I was also petrified as Im scared of anything to do with my spine so the spinal was out the question so i had a general and there were no problems at all with the section or me afterwards. Good Luck! :hug:

thanks everyone you have really all helped loads to put my mind at ease am still scared but after reading all your messages i do feel a little calmer the only people i know who have had 1 had them done as an emergency after labour not going well and apparently a planned 1 is better as you are more prepared what to expect so fingers crossed xxxxxxx

Hiya Rach, i'm with you babe i'm kakking it too i have to have a c section after a terrible first labour/birth no i have no idea what to expect and reading through here has helped me a bit but im still terrified, :|

Please please dont be scared girls, I was the biggest most scared baby ever before Ruby was born, I was having panic attacks and everything...My C section was a really lovely experience, and I can only speak highly of the whole thing...

I told staff how scared I was, and they were all so kind and reassuring.

I promise you it will be lovely, try and get excited about it, its not as scarey as you think :hug:

it will be fine!!! :dance:
i can only applaud my docs, they were sooo good and when I held Jamie all the worry melted!!! :cheer: :cheer:

thanks so much for starting this rach and all the replies also, it has just reassured me no end as i have my c-section booked for monday and this makes me feel so much happier as i too am anxious.

can i ask do you still bleed after c section vaginally i.e do i need to take my maternity quilts in with me!! seems like a silly question. and do you advise i buy a breast pump as my little man will probably have to go to special care for a couple of weeks.

rusks said:
thanks so much for starting this rach and all the replies also, it has just reassured me no end as i have my c-section booked for monday and this makes me feel so much happier as i too am anxious.

can i ask do you still bleed after c section vaginally i.e do i need to take my maternity quilts in with me!! seems like a silly question. and do you advise i buy a breast pump as my little man will probably have to go to special care for a couple of weeks.

You do bleed Rusks, I was surprised at this :shock: Mine was about as heavy as a period loss, and lasted around two weeks. Nurses gave me pads, I had my own but the hozzie ones are soooo much more absorbent (sp?), even though they are large and bulky!!!

Please dont be scared Rusks, you will be just fine!! Be excited, its so amazing when they lift the baby from your tummy!!! Awesome!!! I LOVED the feeling!! Do tak it easy afterwards though, and take painkillers regularly, even if you feel ok, you will need them :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back