teeth and gums

serenitylove

Reaction score
how are everyones teeth holding up iv lost a complete half a tooth the rest being removed after had baby now another has just lost a chunk hoping it can be filled befor it also crumbles i also have bad gums all since being preggers :( i look awfull when i smile with the pregnancy acne thrown in i look like a druggie lol

Urghh! Tell me about it, I bite into a sandwich and my gums are bleeding :(

My teeth were fine but my gums weren't so good! Have you spoken to your dentist? X

my teeth are ok but last few days my gums are killing when I eat. Feels like ive been eatting loads of crusty bread rolls or summit but I cant think of anything that I have eat to set them off.

This time they've been fine but with laceys pregnancy they bled very badly and didn't get better until she was at least a year old!

I've been ok so far, touch wood! Got an appointment with my dentist in a week so he can tell me if they are looking ok or not. I hope I don't need a filling :(

Mine have been fine apart from the odd bit of bleeding when brushing my teeth. Although I terrible toothache when I were in Cyprus but I blamed it on all the meat I was eating! Lol

Is it worth considering a calcium supplement? As I know there is great demand for calcium by bubs and their needs take precedent over yours with regards to vitamins etc.

my teeth are so sore like ive been munching on some crusty rolls, but the bleeding has calmed down a bit.

My skin on the other hand is fantastic! i always had bad skin and now its lovely smooth and clear!

my gums only bleed when i brushed my teeth. \its quite a lot s well so i have t plan which way to brush them so as to minimise the blood loss lo!! but im fortunate. they dont bleed any other time or hurt at all so it coud be worse!!

I got Corsydol mouthwash, (spelling may be wrong!) because it hadn't cleared up after Odhrán was born.. Not 100% sure if it's recommended during pregnancy though.. This helped me lots x

hey girls,
i'm a dental nurse. dont worry havin swollen, sore and puffy gums is completley normal. its because of the increase in your hormones. the best thing to do it to keep ur teeth and gums really clean alot more than you would normally by brshing 2x daily,using floss/interdental brushes/mouthwash.
to control the bleeding a mouthwas called corsodyl is best but dont use it for more than 2 weeks as it can cause bad staining on ur teeth.
hope u all get sorted and if it gets to bad just book into see ur dentist
take care x

Talking of teeth I've woke up with the most sensitive tooth at the front can't even chew on it :(

thanks girls iv been on corsodyl for a few weeks allready going to see dentist later in week hopfully get tooth filled befor it gets worse and will ask him and midwife about weather i need extra calcium

Hope it goes well.. I got a new toothbrush, electric Oral B one.. They are down to £15 from £30 in Sainsburys and Boots.. It says on the packet, gently stimulates gums.. Watch this space lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back