Tax credits!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Is it true their lowering everyones tax credits?? ive only just sent my form off so won't hear anything for a couple of weeks but i only get £10 a week anyway so is there any point claiming it?! It's so silly if it's gonna be less than that!

they are cutting tax credits for people earning over 30k per year
which is quite reasonable imho

oo is that right bigbump? that's good! sorry if i am stealing this thread here but if anyone could just answer.. when do you apply for working tax credits, or child tax credits, when your baby is here? so should i do it now? xxxx

I would get on with it asap if i were you, we went through a right mission to get our forms sent off and now when baby arrives all i will have to do is phone up and have them amend our claim...

ooo right ok, thankyou for the advice!! xxx

I only get £40 a month at the mo, so cant reali cut it much more unless they scrap it completely xxx

blooming marvellous we waited until this year to have a baby after struggling and now we still get nothing as hubby earns over 30k argh!!

I totally forgot I did this thread lol I think we earn around 30k a year joint income but I do think the fact they pay people with an income of 50k unfair! Even though we get 30k we still struggle as we private rent so the tenner a week does come in handy!
Ria, they won't start a claim until the baby is here but it might be worth phoning to get it all started as it takes ages over the phone!! I swear the last person I spoke to was really thick lol

aarrghh i hate applying to anything, so frustrating!!! the people on the other end of the phone are always REALLY annoying too!! xxx

This is all confusing me too! I hope to stay out of work for as long as possible but until LO is here there's no way of telling for definate as to whether or not we could afford it! lol x

Tax credits always confuse me! They refuse to even speak to me without the answers to my security questions now, I have to write them down :whistle:

so my oh has 2 guys workin with him, all wages goes in to his account and he then pay them.. He will sort this out now due to the tax credit but i wonder if this will affect his application as it will look like he has earned ALOT more then he accually is..

I must say i completely agree with them cutting it, it is our choice to have children and we shouldnt do it if we can't afford it.

i dont think thats a fair comment as it shouldnt be a question of only the ones with high income should be aloud children.
Some got money cuz they where born in to a rich family and some work there asses of on minimum wages. money dont make you a good parent. thats why its good that you can get help if you need it.

I agree with you isobel!! I've worked ever since I was 16 and still struggle with money!! If you only have a child because you can afford it then not many people will have children!! Children cost money so every little helps! Yes I agree that if you earn over 30k then lower the tax credits but with bills and children we need tax credits! Maybe they should lower the bums money instead and get them back to work!!

looks like it is out for those earning over 40k
so that should be a relief for some people!

i dont think thats a fair comment as it shouldnt be a question of only the ones with high income should be aloud children.
Some got money cuz they where born in to a rich family and some work there asses of on minimum wages. money dont make you a good parent. thats why its good that you can get help if you need it.

It is just my opinion, wasn't having a go at people who get it or need it (I am not rich by the way). I think that having children is a lifestyle choice that other people should not have to subsidise, It discriminates against people who choose not to have children. I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but it is just my opinion x

I agree with you isobel!! I've worked ever since I was 16 and still struggle with money!! If you only have a child because you can afford it then not many people will have children!! Children cost money so every little helps! Yes I agree that if you earn over 30k then lower the tax credits but with bills and children we need tax credits! Maybe they should lower the bums money instead and get them back to work!!

I definately agree with getting people back to work - especially the ones who choose not to work cos they cant be bothered to get a job!

This sounds stupid but I can afford my kids but without tax credits I wouldn't be able to afford to work. I am no better off working if I'm honest but because if the tax credits I am no worse off either. Tax credits enable me to break even, keep my job so in the future once the kids are in school I can start earning some money. Does that make sence? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back