Tax credits form?

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I'm applying for tax credits while on maternity leave but nowhere on the form is there a place to say I am now on stat maternity pay and they only ask for my income for last year (Apr09-Apr10), which was a normal wage and wouldn't make me qualify for tax credits.
So how do they know what I'm earning now and that I'm eligible???? Will they tell me I'm not eligible and then I have to phone them and tell them the situation?
I'm very confused :wall2:
Can't afford to get it wrong as I don't have enough savings to tide me over for longer than 2 months rent/bills.

Unfortunately they base ur amounts on previous years income...all u can do is fill the form in,wait for a decision then ring and tell them that ur income will b less for 10/11 xx

What i did was fill the form in then when we received a letter saying we didn't qualify i then rung them up and told them about change in circumstances then they changed it. have you applied for child tax credits? x

god its so confusing isnt it, so are the child tax credits forms and the working tax credits forms the same or 2 different forms? i still will qualify as i was on minimum wage all last year, but obviously on even less now, so ill watch this space i think! very confusing! x

God, they make it so hard! Yes Lexi, the child tax benefit is on the same form :)
Took me long enough to get the form in the first place - they couldn't verify my ID over the phone so had to go in so they could see who I was...just to get a form?? Madness!

I just did ours and it took 3 weeks from me sending it to getting a payment :) I'm not eligible for working tax credits but am for child. Even being on Smp I won't qualify x

I just did ours and it took 3 weeks from me sending it to getting a payment :) I'm not eligible for working tax credits but am for child. Even being on Smp I won't qualify x

Is this because of your OH's income??

i know its crazy they told me although they base it on your last years wages they have your NI no so will notice your on SMP!!!

Is this because of your OH's income??

Both, combined income of 55k and I get nearly full pay whilst on maternity leave.

We get £21 a week child tax credit until she is 1 then it goes down to £9!!

£9 seems a bit of a joke, obviously you're not gonna turn it down but what can you get for £9???!
My OH is a student so I'm praying the tax credits will top up my maternity pay enough for us to all live on :S

I've just started looking in to this tonight as I wasn't sure what I can claim for etc.

It seems an absolute minefield, I've had a look on the on-line calculator thing and seems I can claim, so it will be worth me filling in the form, but I just wish they made it a bit easier for us.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back