tax credits

trixipaws

Reaction score
can anyone help please. i am baffled by tax credits and stuff.
currently i am receiving £30 weekly tax credits. i think it is working tax credit as opposed to child tax credit (idk the difference?) as i normally work 21 hours a week (DF does about 40)
we need to know how much i would receive if i was not working at all.
im sure iv heard of the magic number of 16 hours per week- what is this about?
if i dont work do i not get "working" tax credit?
and does this mean i get "child" tax credit instead?
is CTC better or worse than WTC?
iv been on the entitled to website but i'm afraid i got hopelessly baffled by it all- anyway i *think* i completed it right and it said i would get £50 a week- does this sound right?
if u require more info re. how much we earn and work etc in order to help me please let me know :)

Hi,

Yes you should get more as you will then be entitled to CTC, if you go on the websire and put your oh's salary in and do yours as 0 they will tell you what you're entitled to :)

i was gona suggest entitled to! as far as i'm aware, you and your OH need to work over 16 hours to be entitled to working tax credits, and the more you earn, the less you get (i think!)

Sorry the 16 hours part only means you're entitled to WTC but so long as your oh does you should get a little of both :)

my husband works and we get working tax credits and child tax credits if you where to stop working the working tax credits stopa nd sometimes the child tax credits go down.

you get a little bit more tax credits for kids under a year when they turn a year it goes down a little as well

thanx everyone

i called them today to check, they said i'df get £40 a week- so it seemsa like its do-able yay!:dance:

I find tax credits so confusing too. Hope you get it worked out, they're so complicated xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back