Taking a break for Christmas

kizzibea

Reaction score
I've been temping & doing OPKS recently & are planning on going to see the doctor in the new year.

But I think I'm going to take a break during the Christmas holiday. I don't mean we won't be trying, I ov'd on the same CD for the last couple of cycles so if I stay on schedule I'll Ov on Christmas Eve which is our anniversary so there'll definitely be BDing ;)

But I'll relax on the temping & OPKs & just enjoy the holiday season.

Anyone else taking a Christmas ttc holiday?

you never know taking the relaxed and just have fun aproach might bring you your bfp :)

Lol yeah, that would be good.

We had a few breaks this year where we kept trying but didn't do too much & it's good to keep from getting too obsessed. ;)

Think I'll be joining you in this Kizzi, the relaxed approach might work this time round, just in time for some new year BFPs

Until AF decides to politely b***er off, will be cracking out the cheese, and the wine, and every other food I've denied myself "just in case"

Glad I'm not alone.

I know I'm going to go mad eating all the things I've been avoiding just in case, lots of lovely cheeses and nice things like eggnog & dunky eggs ;)

mmmmmmmmm stilton, and camembert and goats cheese from the little farm shop down the road. oooooooooh and lots and lots of wine.

and shellfish, went to dinner last week and almost had a cry because there was lovely scampi on the menu and it was off limits.

ARGHHHHH AF is being a b***h this cycle, need the cheese and wine just to get through it!

I'm not a big seafood fan (only just started eating meat & working my way up gradually) but I'm totally there on the cheeses.

We always have a massive cheese board at Christmas & I'm going to eat all of them!

Cheese is my weakness, the stronger the better!
Am not normally a big seafood fan, just fancied it and got frustrated because i was thinking i "shouldn't" have it just in case.

I'm on a break too Kizzi - no OPKs or charting or no such of anything for me :shakehead:

OMG I had scampi last weekend. And prawns and mussels too. I know i wasn't preg in the end but I'm now worried I don't know what to avoid for next 'possible' time ie 2ww

I just eat and drink as normal personally. If/when I do get my BFP then I'll know early enough to stop eating and drinking all the crap then. Dont see any reason to not enjoy what I enjoy when TTC but I have to say I do so in moderation. The first 2 weeks of cycle however is party time!! 2nd 2 weeks a lot more restrained....Xmas will be hard cos I will be in my 2ww than....aaarrggghhh - but hey I'll still have a couple of glasses of red and I'll still have some cheese (cheddar though)

i didn't use OPK's this cycle and only bd'd twice. ov will be gone now and i am not stressing or doing anything, i'm on a xmas break too :)

xx

Hope the relaxed method works for you positivity. :)

We'll have to think of some good things to do to keep ourselves from ttc, I'm thinking of blocking access to here so I can't spend all my time on here! Lol

I'm having a break girls, I was gonna do my OPKs as I need to do my CD21 bloods again but I'm not going to bother, in the grand scheme of things what's a month if I miss it.

xx

:hugs: Maybe, I'm hopeful that the relaxed method might work for us & if not at least we get a good chance to enjoy Christmas & New Year!

Thanks to you too :good:

Fingers crossed we'll both be heading for tri 1 by this time next month. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back