Positive OPKs but no temperature shift

kizzibea

Reaction score
I've been temping and using OPKs this cycle, last cycle I just used the OPKs.

Once again I've got my Ov showing up as CD16 but I've not had a temperature shift. I've had other cycles where I didn't have a definitely temperature shift but this month I've been religious about taking my temp at the same time each day though there have been some times when I've had restless nights or the heating has been on in the room and I've not been under the covers in the same way.

Just wondering, which do you think is the most accurate way of determining Ov?

Should probably add that I've been checking my CP & CM & it's been high the last few days & I had ewcm today & the day before last which are all fairly good signs. :)

i personally think detecting the LH surge....cos i have checked with opk's all month just to be sure and confirm my findings so to speak....and i def only had 2 days of positive result and this was when i could 'feel' i was ovulating too....i get bloated, pain, headaches and flushed.....so i would say the opk's for me

xx

Last month I was really certain on when I Ov'd because I had definitely Ov pain, but this cycle hasn't been so clear.

I'm inclined to say that OPKs are more accurate though because the more I think about the temping, there must be loads of things that affect my temperature - some night's we've had the heating on, some nights I've been wearing warmer jammies, some nights I've cuddled into OH & others I've kicked the covers off. Just because I take my temperature at the same time doesn't mean that I've spent the night exactly the same as the night before.

I suppose you could fake a temperature shift by opening your mouth or snuggling under the covers to make it go up or down, but it's a lot harder to fake a surge of a hormone. :)

Hi Kizzi,
The OPK will show up your surge, and is it that your temp will only go up after you've actually OV'd?
So, you should get your surge, then 12-48 hours later, notice your temp spike? I'm still learning so this may be utter rubbish.
x

Thanks Jen. :)

I'm going to carry on temping but I'm fairly certain I'm 1DPO because I got a nice clear negative today & the positive from yesterday is still nice & dark whereas the ones from the day before have kind of faded.

My temps have been up & down this cycle but I think it's because some nights we've had the bedroom heating on & some nights we haven't so I'm struggling to see where I could draw a coverline.

Of course all this will change if I temp tomorrow & get a definite shift. ;)

I might be wrong here....but it's possible you actually ov'd today.....cos i think you get your surge, your positive and then your ickle egg is released up to 24-48 hours after that positive result.......xx

Samsgirl, that's what I thought too, after you get the surge, the egg pops 12-48 hours after... I think mine popped 48 hours after as I had the worst back ache and general feeling of lousiness at that point!

When did you get your surge Kizzi? x

It's never simple is it? Lol

I got a good positive on CD15 & a stronger one yesterday, CD16 & when I put it into fertilityfriend.com and switched it to saying when I'd ov'd based on OPKs it said Ov was yesterday so I was just going by that.

Had a bit of cramping yesterday & my boobs felt sort of heavy yesterday which are the only symptoms.

Going to BD tonight just in case. ;)

Nope, it is never straightforward!

I agree with Samsgirl then, you could OV today or even tomorrow!

Deffo BD just in case :) x

I hated BBT charting, i thought it was the biggest effort and waste of time...

I think you'll be alright with your OPKs personally :)

I think most people BBT chart thinking they are saving themselves some money.

Well we've BD'd last night & this morning (& if OH plays his cards right, probably tonight as well ;) :lol:) so I think we've got that side of things covered.

I am pleased at how I'm getting on with the OPKs. When I first started using them I was expecting it to be really hard to tell when they went positive, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

I'll keep temping for the next cycle but then take a break from it again. Definitely going to carry on with the OPKs. :good:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back