Symptom Spotting - Please Slap Me!!!

MissJuly10

Reaction score
A pointless post but I need to just vent. :blush:

I'm trying to wait and see if I get to or go past the 50 day milestone that I reached last cycle (on CD 41 and no sign of AF, last one was 23rd Sept and lasted 4 days) before testing as my husband and I feel that as we are aware of my cycles being quite long, we don't want to rush into testing.

I'm sure I must have OVed around the 14th/17th as I had EWCM but I noticed stretchy CM last week as well on the 24th, 30th and 31st but not sure if it was less than what I had around the 14th/17th and also whether I have mistaken it for semen. We BDed on these dates anyway as we have been BDing throughout the cycle missing only around 6-7 days in total. :whistle:

The days following this, I went dry. I also had some creamy pinky CM then thought AF got me and had some more creamy pale brown/pinky CM. The following day I wiped and had a scant, spotty amount of dark brown but nothing since. During these days I had short sharp pains around where I'd get AF pains.

I've noticed over the past few days I'm falling asleep in the early afternoon and napping for upto 3 hours at a time. I wake up starving and am v. hungry by mid-morning and I *never* usually eat breakfast. My CM has varied from clear to stretchyish to clear/tinged white to a pale yellow colour to a creamy colour. :shock:

I've been yawning all day and felt nauseous and bloated despite not really eating much at all today and I felt quite sickly, my back has also been aching at the bottom. I also went out for dinner last night and couldn't finish any of my courses, I got full really quickly despite not eating all day except for toast in the early afternoon. I've had very mild cramping/achey feeling for about half an hour but no CM - in fact I notice it only after using the loo (TMI) and it's been clear tinged white. Since last Thursday I'm sure I've felt tingly boobs/itchy and my nipples felt like they were on fire but not sore or anything, just a little bit sensitive but if I wasn't TTC, I wouldn't notice. :roll: My veins are still quite obvious and boobs look fuller. I have also had a few spots come up - two on my back and one on the back of my neck(!) which I *never* get.

Please, someone slap me. With a first response. LOL. :wall2:

I feel like I should just test now and if BFN test again when I get to 50 days or something but the thought of seeing a BFN would make me lose my positive attitude which has been keeping me going.

Today I kept feeling like I was pregnant but then I think it's only because I want it so much...or is it?? :oooo:

Right... Now I've vented, feel free to slap me. :x

Last edited:
:gun:

Oooooooh slap...

:trouble:

... without a bat?

My pleasure :good:

:slap:

Last edited:
I cant slap you hun coz I think your symptoms sounds very very positive. PLEASE DO A TEST ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY right Ive got that out of my system. You dont know til you test and as you say if you get a bfn then you can do it again when youre cd50. Im sure someone will post the opposit to what Ive said so you get a balanced opinion. Sorry I havent helped much. I really hope you get your bfp x

:slap::slap::slap:

You asked for it!

Ok, if you OV'd at the latest point, 17 October, you've had your 2WW so in theory a BFP should show up if you test now...?
Unless you think you OV'd later in which case you could still be in 2WW.
Can you do a cheapy Tesco/ASDA test for £3?
x

Joking aside, i think you're being pretty sensible about the whole thing :)

The time of the year can have a huge impact on eating and energy levels, especially with the clocks changing.

You symptoms sound like my AF symptoms to me, but i think that's quite good really in your situation. You'd hope that your AF would be a little sooner this cycle as it tries to correct itself.

You never know though, i think you are best off holding out like you intend to ;)

Thanks for the slaps girls, definitely needed it!

My normal AF signs are that I binge on chocolate and I get really, really moody and snappy and I have severe cramps for 2-3 days prior to AF. I've had none of these! I haven't been stressing, I think I've been quite calm and have remained positive yet realistic. I know that we've BDed as much as possible and there's nothing more we can do really.

Gemini - My sister is off shopping tomorrow so was going to ask her to pick up a FR for me, but so torn between when to test. I'd rather think that I've missed AF to be honest, but if I *did* OV around the 14th/17th, then I've already missed AF??

Jen - I could get a cheapie but would rather wait and get a proper test but then I think I should save the ££ and get a cheapie and see what happens.

Louise - Normally in winter/colder weather, I eat more *ahem* but I've hardly touched a thing. I feel like I get full/ bloated quickly so stop eating and end up leaving my dinner. We never eat pudding either.

I know in reality, I should wait as long as possible...In my family there's apparently a history of low preg hormone, my sisters were both around 5-9 weeks PG before getting BFPs and my cousin didn't even realise she was almost 5 months! No idea how she didn't realise!! x x

*Sigh....* x

Yes youre right, if you take it from 17th Oct then you are technically 2 days late. Thats based on the rule of af arriving 14 days after ov. I went 16 days. Also (being sensible) if your family have a history of low LH then its best to wait. Obviously I wouldnt be able to....its a toughy about the cheapie -vs- FR....I would use cheapies until I got a faint line and then use the expensive one to confirm...but youd have to wait for the cheapies to arrive in the post... oh hun I feel for you xxx

Well 12 November (next Friday) is your 50 day mark (based on your last AF) can you wait until then?
If you OV'd at 17 October, this was CD17 (about the average time to OV) and then you would have had, AF in theory 31 October (ish) or if your cycles are a bit crazy, maybe at some point this week it could still potentially be due?
If the PG hormone is low then best to wait it out to avoid disappointment MissJ x

Well you know my feelings on this......test test test......wait wait wait lol.... if it was me and technically passed the 2ww, with symptoms I'd just go buy a first response and be done with it....if BFN we all know its not a BFN until the witch rears her ugly head anyway so its a win win situation. If its a BFP its a BFP...... personally I would not be able to wait but you have been doing so well holding off till now. Oh sorry, nearly forgot your *SLAP*

Lol Tracey, thanks for the slap! :p

Gemini - I might go to Asda later with my sister and have a look. I spoke to my husband last night and told him that I don't know if I can hold on til the 50th day. Then again, it's just over a week so not too bad. I'll have a chat with my sister and see what she thinks. x

Jen - It's a shame I've never counted my cycles before because I have always been irregular - a real pain in the bum when you're TTC! CD42 and no sign of AF. Not even a little one. :pray: she's staying away! :) x

Tracey - It's been a real test of my willpower this cycle!! I agree, if it is a BFN it doesn't technically make me out as AF is still nowhere to be seen...Hmmm... x

I cant wait. Let us know hey. I cant believe a week to wait til cd50!!! dear god I couldnt. THe only thing stopping me testing on 7dpo today, is that I dont have any cheapies, so they arrive tomorrow. I keep thinking hold off its an extra day. Read yesterday that only 25% of women get bfps before their af is due. So I need to hold off as long as poss. Oh I came on here to see if you youd tested....its only 8.10am ha ha. OH yeah and that some of the cheapie opks dont go darker than the test line!!!! Some just go almost or equal to but not darker, I never knew! ohhhhh Im getting excited for you ok so now you can slap me

It sounds promising, but you will only know if you do a test....got everything crossed for you

Lol Tracey! My sister's not replied yet which is odd, but hopefully she will do asap! :p

Gemini -:slap: This can be us!! LOL. I'm very aware of the fact my family have a history of low level hormone so getting a BFP might take a bit longer but I said to my husband last night that what if we get to 60 days and still no AF? I also suggested not testing at all and just seeing if my belly gets bigger! :lol::dohh: He's getting excited, the same as I am but I'm still trying to occupy my mind and think of other things and not POAS but at this point in my cycle, I'm wondering... what if??? Gahh!! Waiting will just make a BFP darker, right? :whistle:

MrsMc - That's true, definitely but my only hesitation is seeing a BFN and not really knowing where I am in my cycle! :confused:

phew I had to do a test for you I couldnt stand the suspense ha ha, BFN, so yes you need to wait so it gets stronger.... I am saying that now I have done a test, wait a couple of hours and I will be back on line asking if you have done one, :lol:

:nopoas:

Lol! Aw. I feel bad cos everyone's excited, even my husband! I just don't know where I am. I'm considering buying some cheapies from eBay - I'll get to wait a bit for them to be delivered so that's fine, plus my husband will be at work which is even better lol. My sister hasn't replied to any texts so assuming she's already out. Hmmmm.

Ebay cheapies or not??? x x

go for it, ebay cheapies, and then you can decide whether to do them or not when they arrive. Also, dont worry Im excited for you thats why I have to keep testing Im not good at surprises I used to sneek at my christmas presents as a kid. BUT if its not a bfp then we are here for you and we are on the same cd so I completely understand xxxx

Thanks hun, it's so nice to have the forum as support, I love it. I've caved and bought 20 cheapies!! x x

:poas: ha ha only joking let us know when you test good luck xxx

Lol Gem! 20 cheapies, better than spending £10 on two tests at the mo! Christmas *is* only next month!! EEEK x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back