sweet tooth

beanie

Reaction score
Lately Seren has been a bit of a monkey with her grub. She is very hit and miss with her savoury meals, sometimes she'll scoff it down other times she will not touch it. However she will always eat fruit or a yoghurt. I am not sure whether it is because we have been introducing lumps, she has been having these for the last couple of weeks so I would have thought that this would have improved by now. I don't want her just eating sweet foods, any tips?

Can't offer any advice other than keep trying. Damien is just the same. They just naturally have a sweet tooth I think

I read that babies have a sweet tooth but I am worried I will end up with one of those babies who refuse to eat nothing but sweet stuff. I have tried her with sweet potato, carrot, swede etc sometimes she'll wolf them down, others she spits it out. Am wondering if it is because she doesn't want to be spoon fed but surely if that was the case she would refuse fruit and yoghurt as well :?

I'm at that wall with Damien too hun. He is so fuzzy and I'm wasting so so much food. :wall:
If you find a cure let me know :?

Ella is exactly the same she will always have fruit and yoghurts but sometimes she will refuse her veggies, other times eat it all up. For example she might refuse it at dinner then eat it no problem at teatime. I suppose tis the same for us though, sometimes we just dont feel like eating something, but later on we may do.
I wouldnt worry Im sure we wont be fussy when she is older.

Thomas is like that too. today though he had potato, carrot and chicken and he loved it. what is frustrating too is that he does not like my food most of the time but he loves jar. I am determined to make him eat food i make so just invested in a food processor so i can make loads and do not have to buy anymore jars

Seems a lot of babies are like that - Rubie is the same

Reece changes his tastes all the time. Sometimes he'll eat 2 main meals with no pudding and not be bothered about a yoghurt or rusk etc in between and other times he refuses his dinner and only wants to eat finger food like oranges or bananas :?

Today was the worst. I made the mistake of trying him with a Jaffa Cake. He loved it and wolfed it down but stupid me left the packet on the computer desk and when I left the room to do the dishes he found them and scoffed the lot!! He had atleast 5 in one go :shock: After that he twined for more cakes all day and wouldn't eat his dinners :(

well I gave her some brocolli florets steamed, and carrot sticks and she ate them so perhaps she likes to feed herself :?

I've never tried Reece with carrot sticks I'm too scared of him choking. Bless him he's old enough for most foods but his mammy's a big chicken lol. Do you give carrot sticks raw or cooked? And do babies need teeth before they try them? Reece doesn't have any teeth yet though only 1 little stump.

Ask Kina for advice on this, she gave a link to a website about baby led weaning and that reasurred me about choking, as I was the same as you (and still get a little bit worried) but much more confident now.
I tried Ella with cooked carrot and cauliflour but dont think she was ready as she wouldnt swallow it and gagged a bit. but I gave her mashed up carrot and brocoli which was a bit lumpy and she swallowed that fine. and she swallows mashed banan fine.
do you give him any finger foods or all from a spoon?

hearts81 said:
I've never tried Reece with carrot sticks I'm too scared of him choking. Bless him he's old enough for most foods but his mammy's a big chicken lol. Do you give carrot sticks raw or cooked? And do babies need teeth before they try them? Reece doesn't have any teeth yet though only 1 little stump.

I give her steamed carrot sticks. Seren has no teeth but chomps on them no probs. She spits about half back out but she does swallow some.

Lauz_1601 said:
Ask Kina for advice on this, she gave a link to a website about baby led weaning and that reasurred me about choking, as I was the same as you (and still get a little bit worried) but much more confident now.
I tried Ella with cooked carrot and cauliflour but dont think she was ready as she wouldnt swallow it and gagged a bit. but I gave her mashed up carrot and brocoli which was a bit lumpy and she swallowed that fine. and she swallows mashed banan fine.
do you give him any finger foods or all from a spoon?

Yeah he has loads of finger foods like banana, orange, rusks etc but I always have OH with me, i'm scared on my own. Reece has nearly choked to death 3 times while I've been on my own with him and that has been awful :( once was a bit of magazine, then a banana, then an organic wotzit type crisp. The crisp insident happened in tesco's and i got the strangest looks when i started screaming and skaking Reece about by his legs lol :oops:

I've never let OH give him anything harder than a rusk though. He had a yorkshire pudding once but I nearly had a heart attack!! :cry:

Beanie said:
I give her steamed carrot sticks. Seren has no teeth but chomps on them no probs. She spits about half back out but she does swallow some.

Ta i will try him with a carrot then, he will prob be ok it's just me that makes it difficult :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back