sweet tooth! is this ok?

trixipaws

Reaction score
melissa takes after her mummy alright! lol.

with the exception of my mum's veggie soup, she wont eat savoury food. she pulls a face and spits it out, sometimes even retches! :(

so im giving her sweet stuff that she likes- is this ok?

typical day she'll have:

breaskfast - hipp organic banana, apple & rice

lunch - hipp organic pears & red fruits

dinner - half a gluten-free rusk made with boiled water and a little baby rice

try her with some sweet potato trixi, and apple with pork is usually popular!

Jams the same, he would live on jaffa cakes and skips if I let him :roll: :lol:

Trixi, hun, I know that the temptation is to let her eat only what she really wants, but believe me, it is easier to introduce new foods when they are babies rather than later when they get really picky!

Maybe it is a case more to do with texture than taste. She is old enough to start trying with finger foods, like cooked carrot or even the odd bit of bread and butter or cheese spread? I think the brand is dairylea in england? - she is now over six months.

You really do need to start varying her diet, as she needs to start eating things from different food groups.

:hug:

Lisa

thanks ladies- can i give her meat now then? iv no clue how to go about it as i havent eaten meat since about 14 years ago and my boyf cooks his own meaty things. it scares me a bit (worried about cooking/storing it right etc as frightened of food poisoning!)

she can have meat now, Freya really likes butternut squash and carrot together she also likes carrot and pumpkin, all of which are fairly sweet.

trixipaws said:
thanks ladies- can i give her meat now then? iv no clue how to go about it as i havent eaten meat since about 14 years ago and my boyf cooks his own meaty things. it scares me a bit (worried about cooking/storing it right etc as frightened of food poisoning!)

why don't you try her with a bit of ready cooked ham or chicken to start with - you don't need to worry about cooking/storing it then.

mummykay said:
try her with some sweet potato trixi, and apple with pork is usually popular!

sweet potato is good, you can mix it with apple or pear, carrots, peas, green beans etc.

try a chicken stew thingy with potatos, carrots etc

Butternut squash, sweet potatoe and carrot may go down well, they have a sweet taste to them :)

Sweet potatoe,pork and apple is a lovely thing to cook, its sweet and nutritous.

Dont let her have too many sweet foods hun, or she will be a little bugger to get food into :D

also you could try the jar foods with meat in while your learning how to cook the meat dishes. Get a baby cook book for ideas then you can vary to how you want to cook it. HIPP do some good chicken dishes (orchard chicken, grandpa's sunday lunch etc) but then when she gets to 7 months and can move to the next stage jars there is a better choice (IMO) and a fair few meaty ones. Also try her on mashed potatoes with either gravy or cheese & a bit of butter for tea, or I sometimes just give oran like carrot and turnip mashed with gravy, toast or bread with no crusts with primula or dairylea spread on its a good one for finger foods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back