Savoury?

tania

Reaction score
Anyone had any problems getting their wee ones to eat savoury foods? We started weaning Maia a few weeks ago now and shes loving it - but only the sweet things! She will happily eat banana porridge or any combination of fruits that we give her, but have tried blended up carrots which didn't go down well, and other super smooth vegetable purees but she is not a fan!

Any tips on getting her to eat savoury would be much appreciated! x

hey tania not caught up with you in awhile since we had same due date :)

I have been weaning leo since he was 16 weeks did try baby rice at 12 weeks on and off till then I know its naughty but he was a stressful baby and was feeding little bits and was a nightmare.

So far my son will eat vegatables and fruit no problem and I have started giving him finger food, he likes the carrot crisps have you tried them?

P.S are you making it yourself or using shop brought, as I found he perfers homemade as it doesn't make him sick like the jars (ones with meat in so far). Still give him fruit ones now and again when I forget my own food while out....

Charley went through a phase of doing this so I used to add purred apple to his savoury food. Worked really well x.

Oscar is the opposite and so prefers savoury to sweet. I have no advice but to keep trying different combinations and also do try offering the same thing again at a later date coz she might like it on a different day.

Oz really enjoyed some strawberry cheesecake puree today, first sweet thing he's actuall got excited over!!!

Thanks all. Am just going to keep on trying wee bits until she gets used to it. Have tried home made and the Ella's Kitchen organic pouches - so far the pouches have gone down a bit better than the home made, I think cos they are super super smooth. She ate a wee bit of sweet potato, carrot & brocolli tonight before her fruit. Mixing with bits of apple good idea too, will give it a go! x

p.s. MissCrazyCooki - Maia came on that very due date, 23rd Feb! :0)

Thanks all. Am just going to keep on trying wee bits until she gets used to it. Have tried home made and the Ella's Kitchen organic pouches - so far the pouches have gone down a bit better than the home made, I think cos they are super super smooth. She ate a wee bit of sweet potato, carrot & brocolli tonight before her fruit. Mixing with bits of apple good idea too, will give it a go! x

Oz loves the ellas pouches, and alot of the vegetable ones have fruit in too so a bit of a mixture xxx

I looked at all the 4mth baby foods in the shops for ideas when we started weaning, and all seemed to have fruit in as a natural sweetner, I make purees of every different veg and freeze in icecubes and so my freezer is full of bags of everything. I then get a few different cubes out and then add a pear or apple cube too - works a treat!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back