How much 'sweet' food do you give LO?

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Poppy is still not quite managing three meals a day yet. We started with BLW but have moved on to purees (still offering finger foods also). Although I do offer her porridge or weetabix in the mornings, she rarely has more than a mouthful or two. She normally has a fair amount at lunchtime and dinnertime (which will be veg/meat/pasta - whatever I've prepared and frozen beforehand, or sometimes a jar).
I don't ever offer her a 'dessert' - should I be? Me and OH never eat dessert, and I don't want to encourage a sweet tooth so I don't give her one. I offer her fruit as finger foods, and sometimes replace her lunchtime meal with pureed fruit rather than savoury. To be honest, she doesn't seem to like sweet things very much! She will eat a yogurt as a snack, but never finishes it.

They don't need sweet things ms still not fussed she had her first taste of birthday cake on her birthday and couldn't have been less interested

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

We give Holly fruit or yoghurt as her sweet things after a meal sometimes or banana on toast or ricecake

My lo always has fruit amd yoghurts or fromage frais in the day. So his lunch eg a sandwich with a banana or satsuma and a yoghurt. He occasionally has a small tub of custard, or those heinz fruit and custard medleys but he isnt that keen. He has rich tea biscuits every now and again and has only ever had chocolate once or twice. So his 'sweet' things are basically fruit and yoghurts....lol....

Now that my LO has dropped a milk feed I prefer to give homemade yoghurt with a homemade fruit puree to sweeten it as would be worried that she would not get enough dairy otherwise as she is not too keen on cheese.

She has a real sweet tooth though! Getting her to eat something savoury was a nightmare!!!

js sweet things are fruit and yoghurts for deserts. we've been really lucky j eats everything and anything except the odd thing s he never really prefers sweet over savoury. for him food is food!! occasionally he has a bit of chocolate every now and then but hes not fussed!!

xx

We just give B pureed fruit or yoghurt as her sweet thing too - she can take or leave both though so if she's not keen I don't force her.

Also - I found B was never that into her porridge until I started adding fruit to it, now she loves it & has a bowl every morning, it seems to really set her up for the day x

we give F fruit puree and yogurts, we also give him those apple or raspberry/blueberry rice cakes as sweet things, we we're also giving him the odd banana biscuit, but have stopped giving him those now as they break in half as he eats them, so he shoves the other half in his mouth too and has ended up properly choking because of it! he also occasionally gets a rusk, or raspberry/spelt biscuit but we don't give them that often (mainly his dad who gives them to him!) F will eat anything, doesn't matter id its sweet or savory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back