Sweeps

becks20

Reaction score
When you have a sweep does baby have to be engaged and if so how much? and when would be the earliest they would do 1? Iv got my 37weeks appt today and just wondering what there gonna say/do because babys prob like nearly 8lb by now. x

i doubt very much they would do u 1 at 37 weeks as i think ur cervix has to be ready. at my 37 week appt mw just measured me and took bp and urine sample and also spoke about birth plan

It depends on where you are the reasons for having a sweep early. I know RM is getting her sweeps early, and thats because she can't go overdue. Whereas most people have to wait until their at least 40 weeks. Some places won't do a sweep until 40+7! :shock:

I had a sweep with my daughter at 40weeks but it didnt do anything but they didnt realise she was big. Everyone seems concerned other then the consultant now yet it was the consultant that was worried at the begining :/ I dont want a sweep i just wanna make sure there not gonna do 1 today as ill have to take someone with me if they are coz it hurt last time :( Im gonna talk to midwife today as someone put me on high risk and i shouldnt be aswell. x

I think you'll be ok, I think they would have mentioned it last time if they were going to do a sweep. Its all personal choice anyway :) I got asked at my last appointments if I wanted one (of course with me I was trouserless on the table before they had time to blink). So youll always have a choice. Ive heard a few people saying that theyve been put in high risk and they shouldnt be. It so stupid! Youd think theyd want to keep people nice and low risk and not make things complicated.

Lol, with my daughter i was put on high risk because the midwife was like 50 and said im high risk coz i was 16 and i went through most of my pregnancy as high risk till i didnt get a consultant appt and the nice midwife told me that between 16 and 30 is the best time to have a baby and that i shouldnt be high risk. This time i think it was the midwife at hospital shes wrote in my weight and everything but its all wrong. stupid woman x

Just wondering if midwife would do a sweep this week at 39weeks? The consultant wants to give me one at 40 weeks and then ill be induced asap after that appt which im guessing she wants me induced before 40+3, Due to carrying a big baby. But because iv been having pains etc and if im favourable do you think i could ask midwife for a sweep? iv been told by people im better off with a sweep then getting induced as induction carrys so many risks especially with bigger babies they almost always end up in csections :( x

I had my sweep at 38+1, but probably more cos everything was progressing maybe, I my cervix hadn't been as ready I doubt she would have done it TBH

Not sure - they think i'm carrying a big baby but wont do a sweep until this Friday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back