Sweep tomorrow... Updated, I'm back!

mikid

Reaction score
Well MW said i couldn't have one till 41 weeks, and tomorrow will be just that so i have a 10am appointment!!

Little sesh with hubby earlier on should hopefully have softened my cervix haha! So fingers crossed it gets things going :oooo:

Booked in for induction Thursday if not and i'd rather go naturally so will be thinking lots of positive thoughts, walking, bouncing and generally hoping things get moving!

Not really sure what to expect so bit nervous, especially since i don't particuarly like my MW, but if it gets LO on the move it'll be worth it!

UPDATE: Well ... it wasn't particularly fun :shock: Uncomfortable, not really painful, but MW said that cervix was low, she could feel the head and that she thinks if I went into labour tonight it would be because i was going to anyway not because of anything she's done. She doesn't think it'll be long though - fingers crossed she's right! :oooo:

Gonna go for a long walk with the dog, get bouncing when i'm back and jump hubby's bones when he get's home from work :dance: definitely want labour to start before induction on Thursday!

Last edited:
Thanks hun, can't say its high up on my list of things i'd like to experience but needs must hee hee!

Hope it works tomorrow and kicks off before thursday!

Thank you :) will update when i'm back with how it went :shock:

I wish u all the best. Lets hope ur Lil session n the sweep get things going :)

Doesn't sound like it'll be much longer Hun, good luck! xx

How exciting, hope something happens tonight?! xx

Thanks ladies i'm trying not to get my hopes up but I reeeeealy want something to happen soon!!

There has been a little development (I think?!) about an hour ago, I had a little leakage ... it wasn't mucussy so I wouldn't have thought plug? But kind of watery pink discharge, like a small gush... it completely soaked through my panty liner but I felt it coming so went straight to the loo (sorry tmi). I put a pad on after that but nothing since, just spots...

What do you think I should do? MW said if I had any bleeding I should call labour ward, but it wasn't really blood, just creamy/watery pink stuff?? Maybe i'll just keep an eye and see if anything else happens. Been cleaning like a maniac all afternoon so not sure if i've just done too much? I need to stop analysing everything and just see what happens, i'm going to drive myself crazy!

Mikid if I were you I would just give them a ring anyway, it won't do any harm to just check. Sounds normal but they might want you in.

When my waters broke they said I had to go in that night because they were pink and not clear. Dont know if it's the same but you should ring them :)

I called, they said pop a pad on and if it becomes more watery or red in colour to call back. Just seems to be like the end of a period at the mo, browny pink... We'll see how it goes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back