suffering badly with allergies

mumof2

Reaction score
Hi,

I feel so crap, I have excema and in hayfever season it seems to go wild, I can usually control it with a tablet everyday but that goes out of the window when pregnant, Im sat here now with a really sore itchy face, Ive just taken my son to school and the whole walk back I was concious of my face looking sore, my eye lids swell slightly aswell

I took herbel tablets with my 1st pregnancy and I think Im gonna have to get some again even though they werent great, just wondered if anyone is in the same boat as me

Im in a similar boat to you as although I dont suffer from excema, I suffer with annual rhinitis, and its obviously much worse through the hayfever season, well I currently cant even venture outside for 5 mins without tissue shoved up my nose (its a very attractive look)...my nose is raw, red and peeling, my eyelids are swollen and I feel absolutely miserable, been through over 3 boxes of tissues in the last week!!

Worse thing is we live in the middle of farming country, and Im surrounded by fields and trees - its beautiful when Im on my medication, but right now I wish I was living in the middle of a city!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!

[quote I currently cant even venture outside for 5 mins without tissue shoved up my nose (its a very attractive look)...[/quote]

:rotfl: Me too! My hayfever is really bad at the moment, I'm so blocked up and I can't breathe through my nose so I look a bit gormless breathing through my mouth!! My eyes are also swollen and red raw, I could hardly open them this morning. I went to the doctors but he just gave me eye drops and a nasal spray (which actually makes it worse because it makes my nose run even more). He wouldn't give me anything else :(
Hope you both feel better soon :hug: :hug:

Hey me to! its reassuring knowing im not the only one in the world. I only suffer with hayfever but thats enough. I suffer so incredibly badly doctor puts me on steroids because my eyes swell shut! Im actually off work with it today and i dont take days off lightly.
Went to the doctors this morning and got extra strength drops and sprays but they just dont work do they?

ooh im off on a rant now how annoying is it when people say "dont rub your eyes you'll make it worse" :evil: :evil:
I know we shouldnt but you cant stop and seriously how good does it feel to just go wild!

I'd be very interested to know if anyones found a herbal remedy thats proven to be effective??

The problem I have is my Dr here in France says I cant take anything for it, not even a nasal spray which I would be more than happy with as its my nose that gives me the worse problems.........Im coming back to the UK for a few months soon and hope I can find a more sympathetic doc then!!

when i was pg with rebecca, my doctor prescibed be some eye drops and some tablets, she said i couldnt have a nasel spray, they were lower dose i think, anyway i currently have hayfever at the mo, and not taking anything as im not seeing the doctor till monday, but i am a little worried this time as im only 7 weeks and last time wasnt so bad as i was further gone. its hell, i have a really bad cough, and my eyes are so ithcy i can just about see out of one, not sneezed so much today, less than any other day so far, but i have been at work today. cant wait for monday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back