Jack Dylan John Dempsey 24 August 2008 5lb.9oz *With Pics*

MissyRee

Reaction score
(Warning: could be long!)
Sunday 24th August- 35weeks 2days Pregnant

At 7:30am i woke up to period like pains and got up to go to the toilet, on my way round the end of my bed suddenly i feel *trickle trickle* im thinking :oops: oh no ive wet myself! So i quickly scurry off to the bathroom and sit down, more trickling is coming out so i bend to see whats happening exactly - its not wee which made me worry! So after a few minutes of rapid wiping and calling quietly to my OH (my parents were still asleep) i pop some tissue in my shorts and tell him something weird is going on down there, his had 4hours sleep after being out the night before for my brothers birthday so he replies 'mmm ok' and looked at me he could obviously see the worry on my face so asked whats wrong i explain about the 'weird trickling' and we decide to go back to sleep for abit incase its just nothing..
So back to bed i go and i cant sleep, im getting more period pains and having to crunch my knees up under me by this point OH starts rubbing my lower back and drifts off to sleep (nice for some ay!) after getting about 10minutes sleep in a hour or so i put the telly on but cant even watch that cos the pains feeling worse, so i pop to the toilet again to check for any more 'trickling' which there is and on the way i soak my shorts :oops: this time thinking if ive wet myself its surely going to smell of wee - it doesnt so im worrying now, on the toilet i coughed and more is trickling out this time it has blood streaks in it!

I call out to OH - his alseep pfft! Come out of bathroom after sitting for ages worrying in pain, i change my shorts and tell OH so he's now awake and telling me to phone hospital, my mum is up and asks whats wrong as i walk to the phone, i explain and she says 'were not ready for him yet, this sounds like your in labour sweetie' :shock: Shock sets in for me - this could be it then - if its not it bloody hurts enough to scare the sh*t out of me as to what the beginnings of labour will feel like, so off i go to phone hospital at about 9:30am. Woman on phone says to take paracetamol and go back to sleep for abit as women often get HEAVY DISCHARGE in pregnancy and its prob just that - she doesnt say anything about labour, im very worried now thinking my god people walk around like this everyday then???
I go back to bed after putting a towel in as she said to put 1 in and phone back later, im still unable to sleep just laying in pain until about 11:30 then phone the hospital back and speak to a very nice lady she tells us to come in i ask if ill need a bag she thinks i probably wont but to bring 1 and leave it in the car 'just incase'.

We started packing at about 11:45am taking a few hours somehow to make sure we had everything- me and OH had a shower i even trimmed 'down there' just incase people were going to be having a look lol. Mum starts taking pictures of me incase this is labour as i cant even sit down and im leaning against the walls and moving about alot shes sure it is labour, she makes me eat some buttered bread then i started timing some contractions online there coming every 2:30 minutes and lasting for 30-40seconds so mum says we should get ourselves to the hospital soon.
We get everything in the car and OH says he wants to stop for some Red Bulls on the way so i said thats fine i cant sit on the actual seat as the pains were getting worse so im holding myself up getting strong contractions, OH runs into shop i start to cry its all hitting me this could be it! And his early so im scared, mum comforts me from the back seat OH gets in and were off again.

Get to the hospital at about 2:45 i get out of the car whilst OH parks it im swaying and breathing deeply getting some funny looks from people and a few smiles, we walk in and see OH's friend shes excited we might be in labour. Im claustrophobic so ive already said i wont be taking the stairs even when im in labour which everyone had laughed at previously and said you wont care, HA i do care im going up the stairs lol.. we get upstairs and tell the reception person about phoning earlier they take me through to a ward and ask for a wee sample i cant even sit on the bed through the contractions so they say we best move over to the labour suites just incase.

Whilst walking over i get a bad contraction and have to stop, they put me in a labour suite for premature labour and hook me up to a monitor at 3:15pm to check baby's heartbeat and if i was having contractions. MidWife goes to get me some painkillers she comes back with them at 3:45pm by this point my mum has taken to reading the contractions chart printing out and letting me know when another big contraction is coming lol.
4:00pm A doctor comes in and checks me over she tells me im in labour - me OH and my mum all burst out laughing as it seemed very obvious by this time that i was!! She says im 6-7cm dilated!
I started using the Gas &Air and put a gown on, mum gives me some crisps and a cup of water as i said i was hungry, i dont finish all the crisps though. MidWife asked me if i wanted to try getting on a birthing ball, i agreed and started bouncing on the ball and rocking side to side, it felt good but i suddenly got a huge pain of pressure so i wanted to get on the bed but had to wait for a big contraction to pass as i couldnt move through it!

I got on the bed on all fours as i remembered seeing it in a birthing dvd a few weeks ago and thinking the girl in labour in that position was pushing really well like that! A doctor came in and tried to put a canular in my hand but she couldnt get it in - she kept taking it out and putting it back in again so i started crying in pain as it felt as if she was scraping against my wrist bone! My OH started getting teary as i was crying so hard with the pain of the canular going in and out. Another doctor came in and put a canular in straight away - RELIEF at last! I started pushing but on all fours position it wasnt working very well so i laid on my back and everyone was telling me to push- my mum and OH were saying they could see lots of hair by this point i was sucking on the Gas &Air and biting down on the mouth peice, i asked for some pethidine but the MidWife said it was too late! So after 20minutes of pushing hard baby's head was starting to come out then kept going back in again about 5times this happened!
The MidWife gave me a local anesthetic and did an episiotomy so i pushed again and his head came out (WOW you girls werent lying it is a ring of fire!!) i was shouting OWW as his head came out, his head was abit coned from all the going in and out, i did a big push and his shoulders were out!! He was born at 5:59pm, my mum cut the cord as my OH said he didnt want to - he looked very pale by this point lol. Baby was taken straight away to the heat cot and was rubbed with a towel as he was limp, suddenly i hear a big cry! OH went to have a look at him and he wee'd and it hit my OH's leg lol!

Baby was put on my stomach, i was given an injection to get the placenta out - i pushed and it felt like a blobby jelly fish came out or something! MidWife stitched me up at about 7, i had a bath at about 8, we had a couple of hours just me, baby, my mum and my OH then i was put in a wheel chair and wheeled off to the ward at about 11pm.

We had to stay in 3nights as he was premature and they did a blood sugar count every 3hours in little man's foot to check his sugar levels, his doing really well and everyone keeps saying how tiny he is.

Well done if you read all that! Also were still working on a name for our little guy but will update once he has one :D

Heres some pictures of me in labour and my little boy when he was first born
CNV00002-1.jpg

CNV00004-1.jpg

CNV00007-1.jpg

CNV00008.jpg

CNV00012-1.jpg

CNV00022-1.jpg

CNV00027.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Our babies were born in the same room Ree!

He's gorgeous! :wink: Can't wait to meet him! :lol: We might get round to it soon eh?

Oh thst is fantastic hun! You did so well! He is a beautiful baby!!
Though i did get a little freaked out with the pic of you in your jeans with the monitors on!? :shock: It was just like me in my dream the other day lol! I was on hozzie in labour early and had my jeans on and the monitor at one point?! haha

3 days is really good going sweetie! Sounds like baby no name is a little fighter bless him!

He is so cute!

Congratulations!! :cheer: x

Congrats hun :D you did so well & he is beautiful :D

Hope you are all doing well :hug: :hug: :hug:

congrats hun, how cute is the daddy and baby pic!! :D :D :D

:hug: :hug: Thank you girls!! :D xx

Yes Jade we will def have to meet up sometime as im still waiting to get a cuddle with your lil Evie!! I'll have to let my stitches heal abit before i go venturing out though as at the mo im walking abit like John Wayne!! :rotfl: Aww our babies were born in the same room how greats that!! Maybe Gerb will be next in there :D xx

Lol Lea M how freaky sorry to have freaked you out then, i love my jeans i didnt take them off until it was necessary!! x

Also i think i forgot to mention that somehow my OH got blood splattered on his lovely WHITE top and his shorts that he was wearing :lol: whoops!

congratulations! how super that the little man is here already- its scary seeing pics of u in labour, im used to just seeing the baby at the end :lol: congratulations :D xx

I really enjoyed readiing your birth story!

CONGRATULATIONS!

You did really well and your little man looks gorgeous- great weight for a prem baby too!

Congratulations :cheer: And he does look so tiny :D

Well done hun :hug:

love your birth story... i like long stories as you get all the details :) have you chosen a name yet? he's lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back