Suddenly hates the bath

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Ellie has had a bath every night before bed basically since birth. This last week or so, she has suddenly stopped wanting a bath. This is literally from loving the bath and trying to climb in while it is still running, and not wanting to get out of it, to crying her heart out and desperate to get out as soon as you put her in. Nothing has happened (like falling in the bath) to generate this.

Does anybody have any ideas? We can't get her interested in playing with her toys, and I even tried having a bath with her the other day and she still wasn't happy - she didn't cry but wouldn't sit in the water only on my lap and kept a good hold on me.

Thanks

Its slightly different but thought it might be worth saying anyway..a few months ago Hayden suddenly went through a stage where he wouldnt lie down in the bath and when i tried to lie him down to wash his hair he would start screaming and scrambling to get out..he wouldnt stop till i took him out. I really didnt know what caused it as he also loves the bath and gets really excited about it..i rang up his dad and "MIL" to see if anything had happened to him while they bathed him because nothing had at home..they said no! anyway i started running him a very low filled bath and knelt beside him and instead of physically trying to lie him down i asked him to lie down and let him know i was there and nothing bad woud happen...he still did it a couple of times but after a lot of calm talking him though it ie "mummies just washing your hair, nearly done now, good boy" he was fine again.

Not sure what to suggest for you perhaps run a small bath and get her to just swoosh the water with her hands while standing at the side..then put some toys in and say "would you like to play with your toys in the bath" see if she gets enthusiastic about getting in? I'm not sure if its a a phase or what hun..sorry! probably not much help!!

We tried that the other day - or at least getting her to help running the bath, which she loved, but as soon as she went in it, it kicked off. Off and on she would get upset with lying down to have her hair washed but that had really improved recently.... until now when she suddenly won't even go into the bath happily.

She was telling us about the "noise" but we are not sure what noise, the only thing I can think of is the noise from the water tank etc but it isn't particuarly loud. Though she does point to lights - especially flashing ones and say Noise. I am not sure if she is getting confused or if she is hearing a high pitched electrical noise that I can't hear.

Hmm you know when you put your head underwater in the bath and you hear all that noise..maybe thats what she means?
I'm not sure what else it could be..but persevere with talking her through it and geting her to help run it..putting toys in etc..it might take a few goes to make any progress! hope you get it sorted :hug:

We visited the inlaws at the weekend and MIL had bought her a Makka Pakka bath time toy, so although she started getting really upset, that managed to distract her and we convinced her to wash Makka Pakka. After that we have had all successful baths - so fingers crossed that has done the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back