Help needed with bath time

Fiona

Reaction score
Grace still hates the bath.... 5 months on and she cries everytime she sees the bath never mind when she gets in it.

So far I have tried cooling the ater, warming the water, no much water, lots of water, with toys, without toys, in her baby bath, in the big bath on her own, in the big bath with mummy. :wall: :wall: :wall:

She just hates being bathed. I thought we had cracke dit last weekend when I got her to play in a paddling pool. It is a tiny one just the right size for one baby and I had it on the gardent table. First of all I splashed her hands with the water and she cried. But I persevered and after about 10 minutes she was putting her hands in the water and splashing... Eventually I got her to sit in the pool and she laughed and giggled for ages......... she splashed herself about and wasn't a bit bothered that she was splashing herself... :)

Hooray I thought - we have broken the back of bathing time........ but oh no, the next day we had tears again and ever bath since...... tonight she actually screamed when she saw the bath... I tried the same tactic of playing with her hand in the water first but to no avail......... she just cried and cried........

I really don't know what to do next - any advice would be very much appreciated........ I so want my darling girl to enjoy her baths but at the moment she just hates them...... :( :( :(

do you put bubbles in maybe its that. since the paddling pool doesnt have bubbles and she didnt mind maybe try her bath without the bubbles.

other than that i really dont know what to suggest.

HIya

Willow always eneed up in the bath with either me or dh and she seemed to like that. we got her a bath your dolly when she went through a phase recently of not wanting to get in but she might be a bit young for that.

You can get colours for the bath from boots that might help

Good luck

Heather

Yes, have tried her with bubbles and without :wall: :wall:

ooh toughie i dont really know what else to suggest as it seems as though you have tried pretty much everything all i can say is hopefully she will grow out of it i know its not what you wnat to hear sorry

lots of :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do you have an over shower bath.... Arianna used to be the same and we started sitting her in the baby bath within the big bath and using the shower over her. Or how about having her in the bath with you?

Have you tried her in Grandma's or a friend's bath? How is she there? I ask only because it may be something in your bathroom she just doesn't like, maybe sit in there with her for an hour and talk about all the bits in your bathroom, see if any upset her? I really hope she starts to enjoy bathtime real soon for the both of you :hug:

If she liked the little paddling pool have you tried putting that on the bathroom floor?

Yes, we have tried her in the bath with mummy - didn't work........
but haven't tried her in her bath in the big bath with the shower function - thanks for the idea, I will try her tomorrow and let you know how we get on.

Have tried friends bath - just the same...

:( :( :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back