struggling to give up smoking.....help!!!!!

Aimee lou

Reaction score
Hi ladies ... Basically since fibding out tht im pregnant i have cut down my smpoking to 5 a day but i am findinding it really hard to give up altogether. I need help or tips pls xxxx i really want to give up xxxxxxxx

Buy and read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" in one day.

I was a smoker for 15 years and stopped on 8th May 2011 with ease! Even having 3 miscarriages didn't send me running back to the fags!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxx

i did it after 25 ish yrs of smoking and so has my mum she smoked for 50 yrs ish 40 a day we both went to the none smoking clinic i quit first i was determined this time tho and ppl would say yer we heard it all before so that made me even more determined to prove them all wrong and i did it with patches and inhalator :) i may have gained a stone or so but hell im awhole lot fitter than i used to be and healthier, u have to be right minded to succeed i think and u can also pop along to boots they have a little stop smoking thing going on to, best of luck xxx

Thankyou xxxx just dwnloaded an app which is cool....gives u games to play wen u get a craving and it takes ur mind off it for the time length of the craving so it keeps ur mind occupied pretty cool xxxxx

Good luck with giving up!xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi hun. i no how hard it is.. i tried very hard with my son but couldnt so cut down.i found out i was preg in march which i then decided was the perfect time. i set a day and its been 3 weeks now. sadly i may have mc but im sticking at it because i will try for another. go to your gp n get gum on prescription thats what im using xxx good luck

Oh hun i am sorry ...
Fingers xd for u xxxxx thnk u for the advice xxx

I used the inhalator to help me stop this time. thankfully just before I conceived!

however, what has kept me of the fags this time is finding out what harm it does to the baby. Even one fag can do damage. When you smoke your placenta contracts, and that is what is keeping baby alive. So basically your poor wee baby is holding its breath the whole time you are enjoying a cig.

and if that dont work, think about this:
Statistics show that infant mortality—the death of the baby either at birth or through a miscarriage—is 50 percent higher when the mother smokes. That means nonsmokers experience half as many infant mortalities. Children of smokers are also 2½ times more likely to die of sudden infant death syndrome, or crib death. The good news is that if you stop smoking by the fourth month of pregnancy, you can significantly reduce these dangers.

Thanku ..... Well from 7 this mornin i have had 1 cig whuch im proud of...am gonna cut up some veg and nibble on thm todsy and kerp my mund occupied with pyzzles and sortin my house out xxxx fingers crossed for ne ladues xxxx

breaking the habbit is the hardest part that one in morning then after meals and at night they are the killers to crack but u will do it have faith in urself and gd luck x

jo jo that is so true, those are the hardest to beat, but now im so glad im doing this and will continue x

Buy and read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" in one day.

I was a smoker for 15 years and stopped on 8th May 2011 with ease! Even having 3 miscarriages didn't send me running back to the fags!

Best of luck

xxxxxxxxx

This is how I quit too and it was easy peasy!

Good luck giving up hun

XX

It is so hard, you just have to think of your baby every time you smoke. good luck x

I don't have any advice, but just wanted to say how much I admire you for seeking help and trying to change. Good luck!

Thnks everyone!!!!! Well i have had 2 today and am well chuffed with miself as i was on 5 a day xxxxxx thnk u ladies for all ur suppirt xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back