Stretching?

kitkat2010

Reaction score
Hello, I know two threads in one night! Jeezo yous will be thinking im nuts!! In my recent thread I said how I had crampingish pains in my upper stomach, can anyone tell me what stretching feels like cos a couple of people have said it could be that ? THANK YOU! first pregnancy and just concerned xxx

Depends where it is - I've had all kinds of different stretching pains all over my belly area so far! From period type pains, random stabby pains, aches here and there, and for a few worrying days I felt like I'd done a million sit ups. Generally I would just put any pains that aren't really painful and are not accompanied by bleeding as stretching pains, but as always, if you're worried, ring midwife.

its kind of under my ribs and kind of feels like a pressure being added from the inside ? a really dont know if its gas? going to make a appt at docs tomorrow to ask a couple of questions was in a bit of a shock last time i didnt get the chance. Im only 5 weeks going on 6 is it normal to get a bit of pains this early? BIG THANK U x

Maybe indigestion if its higher up your tummy? I've had that before amd its quite sore. Check with mw or gp if you're worried though. And I agree with can't stop you'll get lots of pains if they're not really painful or accompanied with bleeding then just put it down to stretching.
X

That's what I'm going to be strict and do now - if not accompanied by bleeding or severe pain then it's going in the stretching file! It's so worrying at times. X

In the early weeks I panicked about every tiny pain. This week has been the worst for 'stretching' so far - Ive mainly felt it at night and it feels like someone pulling a guitar string low down in my tummy if that makes sense? Also, the familiar dull period-type pain. I'm putting it all down to stretching, assuming baby is having a growth spurt this week! I just don't want to allow myself to worry anymore, I've worried enough! xx

Last edited:
I agree with pinkymum though, probably indigestion or trapped wind if its higher up xx

I agree with pinkymum though, probably indigestion or trapped wind if its higher up xx

Even if it occurs in the same place?

I am having it on my waistline now around to the left by my hip :rolleyes:
And it feels really warm. Bit like a pulled muscle now I think of it!! Like when you're running.

Just called one of the helplines (Cow & Gate) where you can speak to mums/midwives and she said it sounded like stretching but to see the GP if I was worried cos they can actually examine me whereas over the phone it's just advice. I know it's stretching so I am just going to chill out!

x

Even if it occurs in the same place?

I am having it on my waistline now around to the left by my hip :rolleyes:
And it feels really warm. Bit like a pulled muscle now I think of it!! Like when you're running.

Just called one of the helplines (Cow & Gate) where you can speak to mums/midwives and she said it sounded like stretching but to see the GP if I was worried cos they can actually examine me whereas over the phone it's just advice. I know it's stretching so I am just going to chill out!

x

Ooh I don't know, I think ive just learned to recognise the baby-related pains and seperate them from the wind-related pains, (because you eventually get relief from wind-related pains, haha!) :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back