Stretch Mark Prevention

toni64539

Reaction score
Just wondering if you ladies are doing anything like cocoa butter or oil etc. I know they say it probably doesn't help and if your going to get them then u can't stop it. But a friend of mine did this thing and she doesn't have any (possibly wouldn't of got them anyway but it can't hurt)

She says creams absorb into the skin and oil sits on top so she lathered herself in cocoa butter to be absorbed then put bio oil on top of that to keep the skin hydrated and wrapped her tummy in clingfilm. Ha, sounds ridiculous and over the top but here I am, looking very attractive in my cling film and I intend to do it every night haha. What's everyone else doing? X

Ha ha, I love it!!

I've also heard people say that you can't change it, if you're prone to them then you'll get them anyway, but I'd rather put up some fight to try & avoid them! I've not got much of a bump yet, but started looking at creams & oils at the weekend & couldn't decide what to go with, i think I'll definitely try the 2 pronged approach with cream & oil, I may give the cling film a whirl aswell now I've seen this post, but not 100% sold on that idea yet! ;o) good luck, hope it works for you! x

I'm all prepped with cocoa and shea body butter (2 big tubs :D) and a bottle of bio oil.... I have some horrible scarring on my legs and the mix of those two did wonders for the scars so I'm working on the same principle that even if they don't prevent the stretch marks they'll help them fade :) xx

Haha I love the cling film part! :p

I use cocoa butter all over when I come out the bath, then before bed each night I plaster my belly, hips and thighs in bio oil lol x

The cling film is good cos if you put creams/oils on as soon as you put clothes on or go to bed it rubs off, where as cling film holds the moisture in, my skins still creamy in the morning when I take off the film so I just give it a right good rub in in the morning and I'm good to go!

I use palmers cocoa butter in the mornings (and sometimes before i go to sleep) and i use bio oil throughout the day :). I have a shower every morning before work so i moisturise after that, but if i'm having a lazy day in the house and not showered i sometimes just put bio oil on again. :) x x

Hi, I have a question; about stretch marks, do you see them when you are getting bigger or are they noticeable when you have had the baby and your skin is all wrinkly (eek)! I haven't yet been putting cream on myself and my mum didn't have any stretch marks; I am going to start putting cream on myself as from tonight, I have some bio oil which i will be using, but until now I haven't felt I have needed to put cream on oneself? I am rounder, but no marks as yet?

Any suggestions? Hugs xx

My stretch marks appeared in the last two weeks - gutted.

I creamed up all the time but got lazy in the last month. Could be a link? Could also be the fact I was on maternity and ate like a pig! Sure that didn't help?!

I only used baby oil in my previous pregnancies and i dont have any stretch marks. You dont need expensive creams and oils as it the massaging that actually helps.

I already have a couple of stretch marks that have appeared! But I do seem to have got huge very quickly. I didn't use anything before the stretchmarks appeared, but now I use Johnsons Baby Oil Gel when I get out of the shower, and then slather myself in Palmers Cocoa Butter before bed. Fingers crossed, no more stretch marks have appeared since xx

im very prone to stretchmarks and already have a few on my belly, but have been using plamers coco butter since around 12weeks and for the last 3weeks ive been mixing it with plamers specific stretchmark cream (as they contain different things) and they have defiantly started to fad quicker :)

Merfairy - stretchmarks are a redish purple when fresh and fade to a silvery white when old, the show more on pale skin when old and getting a tan helps them fade even more!!! im very pale and have many of them on my upper thighs and you can only see them in certain light! hope that makes seance! xxx

[FONT=&quot]Tried lot of creams for stretch marks... Dermelastic serum for stretch marks removal one worked best for me.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]so far there is amazing improvement in my stretch marks ...[/FONT]Just like Snapple!!!!! This is the best stuff on earth!!!!![/FONT]

I religiously put stretch mark cream on from day 1 with my first pregnancy....I ended up with awful stretch marks lol.
Im undet the belief if ur gonna get them there is nothing you can do about it lol.
They fade anyway xxx

I used stretch mark cream the whole way through and then when mu bump went I was covered! xx

Stretch marks are genetic and to do with the elasticity of your skin. They can't be prevented but using bio oil or similar can help to reduce the appearance of them after, so no harm in using before they appear. if your mum/sisters have them you will likely get them too X

I used cream throughout with the first and went overdue and was amazed to have only a couple. Sadly it was after wards when I'd deflated it had gotten worse.

Thankfully I got no new ones second time round and now that I am toning they are already less noticeable than post labour previously. My first ones were purple for ages. Currently after only 8m they ate silver and less notI cable.

I dunno about doing all the extra if your gonna get em you will but the oils n lotions deffo help tightness and itching xxx

I religiously used so much stuff with my first and my stretch marks are so bad the hospital said they've they've the worst they've seen!!!

Bio oil definitely helped reduce the scarring once DS was born though. I hope I don't get any more this time as there no room left to anyway haha x

In all 3 previous pregnancies I have used an elemis oil on my tummy. Stretch marks have been pretty non existent.

As a teen I had the most horrific stretch marks on boobs, bum and hips. I assumed I was prone to them and they would be terrible in my last pregnancy but I moisturised every night without fail and I had non on my tummy but got some on the inside of my legs, bum and hips (maybe the areas I didnt focus so much on. I would say use bio oil or just a general moisturiser as a preventive measure. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back