Stretch Mark Oils/Creams

Bella2

Reaction score
Has anyone started using them yet? I've been applying every morning after getting out of the shower, it's early days but am already getting rounder and I figure prevention is better than cure! Intend to step this up to using it before bed too once I get a bit further along. Just wanted to recommend a really good baby oil - wilkinsons own brand baby oil in aloe vera - it's slightly thicker than normal baby oil and I can still feel it on my skin in the evening. Have some bio oil too but I find the wilkinson's oil to be much better and it's sooo much cheaper! :)

I was thinking of this and after reading up on which one is best to use, it seems that it doesn't make any difference?! Apparently you'll either get them or you don't just depends on the person, so i haven't bothered yet, but i'm so worried about them i'm might just try it 'just in case'!!!! xxx

Thanks, I put a post in pregnancy chat last week about good oils and creams to use, there seems a lot out there! I've started using the palmers one which smells lovely and baby oil morning and night! I'm doing my boobs and legs this time as well as didn't before and thats where I got a few little marks. I've got thinner though from all the nausea, my clothes are falling off me just now, which is really odd considering I expected to be sqeezing into everything by now, still using the creams though to prepare my skin!

eeek! I have a feeling then that I might get them...I have some stretch marks on my hips/thighs which have been there years :oooo:....luckily though they're only silvery so not too noticable. My mum was so lucky she didn't get any stretchmarks at all when pregnant with me & my brother, she just used cheap baby oil the entire way through x x

Palmers Cocoa Butter is great plus it smells gorg too :) x x

Sarah - I've been doing my boobs too as they have grown quite a bit lol! Lucky you for losing a little weight first (although morning sickness is not the nicest way to lose it!) M2A - will have to try the cocoa butter - have you started using it yet? x x

I'm using L'Occitane Mum & Baby Balm which my sister bought me last time she went away. I know they say that nothing helps but the way I look at it is that you have to try and then if you get them then you know you would have no matter what.

I used Palmers last time with Lennon and didn't get any stretch marks at all.

I use the normal palmers all the time as its so nice but i havent start using the pregnancy one yet as ive not put alot of weight on with the sickness but im going to give it a week or two and start using it :) x x

I couldn't stand the smell of cocoa butter due to all the sickness at the start of my pregnancy as smells would just make me hurl & that was one of them! I used Bio Oil in my last pregnancy & am also using it this time around. I still got some stretchmarks & if you are going to get them nothing will stop it. But there is something good about rubbing something onto you belly & boobs that smells yummy & I do think it helps keep your skin soft & smooth. Bio Oil also helps to fade the stretchmarks too after pregnancy. Some of my marks were quite purple & now they are barely noticeable. I love the smell of Bio Oil too, very fresh & not to sweet.

Sunnyb xxx

I've started using bio-oil too- my friends swore by it in her pregnancy! It is expensive tho so may have to try and cheaper product- maybe the wilko one you have suggested Bella2......
Have been doing tummy and boobs, but maybe should do thighs as well- have a few strech marks there anyway, so should hurt to apply a bit more! lol!

I just bought a big bottle of bio oil as well. I love it - I think it smells like lilac! And this is one of my favourite smells in the world :)

the only thing that confused me a bit was that bio oil contains vitamin A, which I thought should be avoided in pregnancy? But I guess it doesn't get absorbed any further than skin. That's a good company, they must know what they're doing, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back