Stressed.

Eblinx

Reaction score
Argh!
Me again..never a quiet moment in my life 8)
So my oh asked me last night if i would take him a £1000 loan out in my name..which i was ok with.
Then i sat down and thought about it..thats £1000 in my name...£1000 worth of debt that i will be in..in my name..not his.
Ok that may not seem like alot..but im only 18, and thats kinda scary to me, even more so considering i wont get any of the money..its fair enough him saying he will pay it back but he just needs it to go through my name and my bank..but what if he cant, hes already skint at the end of each month as it is, and i dont want that kind of debt on my head if he cant pay it.
Any advice anyone could give me on this would be great.. :(

I dunno hun that sounds a bit scary to me. I took out a 5,000 loan a couple of years ago and im still paying it off until 2009. Im broke at the moment paying it back.

Isnt there anywhere else he can get the money?

You get a maternity grant of £500 when the babys born,
but im not telling my OH about that because he'll spend it on crap and not the baby.

If things dont work out between you 2 in the future, im not saying that i think you'll split up or anything like that. But if the worst comes to the worst and you do you'll be landed with this loan and a loan is really hard to pay off when your having to pay for baby things aswell. Trust me hun I know.

Is his credit really bad that he cant get one himself?

I know about the grant..but that is for baby stuff! he knows about it..and he knows its going to be for the baby and not him :wink:
He would never get one with his credit rating..mine is perfect, so obviously i have a good chance. but i dont wanna!! :?

Dont get one then hun. Hes just going to have to start saving his money and paying off his own dets.

Just tell him how you feel, im sue he'll probably be a bit moody about it at first. But tell him to think about it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Dont do anything you dont wonna do just to please him.

just told you on msn what i think babe ;) if it was me i definatly wouldnt do it

You could tell him the bank refused, because you are pregnant and out of full time employment.

Sorry i don't know youre personal situation so that may not be relevant. I'd be a bit iffy if my OH put me in that situation. Its a bit unfair.

Can't he borrow it of someone in his immediate family?

Izzyx

:evil: that makes me cross how can he ask u that i would just say no a loan is not best idea.have a chat with him and tell him how you feel the last thing u want to do is fall out ...hopefully ur get it sorted :pray: hugs for you....

I wouldn't recommend doing it.
I mean like you say its £1000 loan in your name, if he can't afford to make the payment, and you can't then its your name they'll be chasing after for the arrears... and thats the last thing you want.
I think that his timing for needing a loan is bad, esp if you're having a baby!
Hope you get it sorted with him
xox

Even if it is not exactly same, I have passed the same situation as you are. I used to lent money to my oh. But one day, his bank book fall on my hand he had even more than (triple times) i have! can you imagine! :( he didn't know that i saw his account. Afterwards, when he ask i tell him i don't have and i cant get loan.

First of all he shouldn't ask you a loan and why is he bothering you?

If i were in your shoe i would tell him what i feel why dept?! this is really :evil:

Any ways be brave and let God be with you!! :pray:

Best regards,
Kukush

how do you go about getting the maternity grant?

Hiya,

Why does he want you to take it out? because he can't afford the repayments & knows lenders wouldn't lend it to him? If that's the case hun I really wouldn't do it because how will he be able to pay it back plus a huge amount of interest, you'll be lumbered with it & no way of proving the money was for him if things turned nasty.

I know you love him & want to do right by him but money is the root of all evil (I know from experience) What does he want the money for? If its nothing majorly important try & persuade him he doesn't really need it.

If you do do it, get a contract drawn up stating that he owes you the money (difficult one though) if it did goes belly up.

Nicki.x

Hiya just my opinion but i wouldn't do it.
My ex asked me to get a pc in my name cos he couldnt, i did it, he had pc at his week later we split an i neva seen the pc nor the money for it.
Just an example not sayin it would happen to everyone an not all men are the same but i was still payin for it when my son was born.
xx

Yeah i have to say i know what you mean about being stressed, i jusat don't seem to be allowed to make up my own mind these days. I feel like exploding, i just feel like im banging my head against a brick wall :wall:
Why is it when you are pregnant that everyone wants to take over and make all your choices for you? I am just feeling like i wish everyone would leave me alone and let me make up my own mind instead of causing me so much trouble.
I am capiable of making my own decisions... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back