Stressed out

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am due to start a new job in just over a week. When I saw the midwife I asked if possible if I could have my 12 week scan before I started my new job as I haven't told my new employer yet and I don't want to risk my new job. Seems she has completely. Scan date has come through for mid morning the end of the second week I am in my new job. I don't know what to do. Do I tell my employer (not mention that I am pregnant) that I have a hospital appointment and hope to god they are ok with me, am I honest with them and risk my job by telling them that I am pregnant or do I ring the hospital and hope to god that they are understanding and can do my scan before I start the new job?

I have a friend who started a new job jus before she was 12 weeks. She was stressing over telling them, but when she started showing she thought she had better tell them. When she did, they were so understanding. Told her she should have just told them straight away so she didn't have to lift heavy things etc.

If you want to keep it to yourself though, might be worth ringing the hospital to see if they can do it at another time.

Good luck x

Thank you. Once we have the scan we will tell everyone it is just the new job I am panicking about. x

Your new employers will be fine with you being pregnant, it won't risk your job as that would be discrimination. You have nothing to lose by ringing the hospital and asking though x

I would try ringing the hospital first as if they can fit you in before you start it will solve your problems. There's nothing by law that you have to tell them is there? Ring the hospital and see how you get on, that's what I'd do. Try not to stress (I know, easier said than done!) x

Thank you. The new employer seems good. I hadn't planned on falling pregnant and changing jobs but hey ho these things happen x

Thanks countrygirl. If I can get them to do the scan at the end of next week I will be about 11 and a half to 12 weeks. I just don't want to rock the boat with the new employer straight away. x

Yeah that's understandable - you never really know how they will react so I'd be nervous too. Let me know how you get on, will be hoping for an early scan! x

Thank you. I'm not sure if the hospital will be awkward as I had an early scan a week gone Tuesday due to some bleeding. I just wish they did scans on evenings or weekends then I wouldn't have to worry x

Fx they do it for you hun, if not im sure your empolyers will be fine with it, they cant really not be.

Michelle. x

I have went the other way and rang the hospital. They have given me a scan for the Friday before I start the new job which by their charts will make me 11 weeks 1 day which is the earliest they will do the scan. Pretty sure my dates are right so fingers crossed they will scan me and everything will be fine. Thank you for the support everyone I really appreciate it xxxx

Thank you. I just don't want to rock the boat with the new employer. :) x

I know what you mean Im 9+1 today and started my new job today just wondering when I should tell them.

I am going to try and wait to tell my new employer. I just didn't want to start work and ask for time off less than two weeks later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back