I am pregnant and my husband wants me to stop working?

suzan

Reaction score
I hate my job and want to resign. I am pregnant and had a miscarriage before and my husband is supporting my desicion to stop work. What do u think girls, I am into it.. is it a nice idea? My husband makes very good money so no need for me to work. I am 5 weeks now and i am stressed from work i cant even sleep at night worried about my job.

Anyone out there also stopped work?

If you hate your job that much and you can afford for you not to have to work then go for it :D

i quit work 2 weeks before i found out i was pg and hubby said he dint want me getting anouther job really as it will put undue stress on me
if you can afford not to work hun then dont :)
manda xx

If you are able to afford to not work and are happy being home for the next 8 months and then beyond with baby then go for it. I think if you are unhappy with your job you should leave regardless and maybe find something you do like, should you want to work a bit for a few more months. If you quit work are you then going to spend your time worrying about other things? Do you cope well being at home and possibly on your own more? Do you have friends who will be around in the day when your hubby is working who can offer company and interests? Will not working cut you off from things? So many things to consider, not just work I feel.

TBH, I'd go out of my mind unless I was working through pregnancy. I only work part time anyway but find being at home 24/7, 7 days a week does my head in. I can't not be doing something somewhere else, some of the time. I like to be constructive and outdoors with my animals or working on my websites and various other things. Visiting friends is something I do occasionally, even the ones that live within 30 minutes drive. Something different and independent of my life at home and hubby is what I strive for. Once baby is closer to being born I shall go on maternity leave for about 9 months and make a decision about returning to work later on. I just don't like the idea of being in the house so much, I'd go bonkers, as I spend enough time there are it is. Work gets me out and about, I see other people and then have something else to keep me occupied.

I think you are a bit of a worrier so maybe not working will be better for you. Just so long as you have things to keep you occupied and interests outside of the home are always important I think. I dread being swallowed up into that homemaker role and losing all the things I have worked for all these years. My hubby understands that and supports me in my choices. I like and value my independence and while I am looking forward to being a Mum and being at home with baby, I do want to try to keep work in there somewhere so as to have my own thing still. But I realise that's not how everyone else would choose to do things :) Each to their own.

I don't know, I've nannied for families all over the world over the past 17 years and seen how all types go about it, and tbh, I know what kind of balance I would like to try to achieve if possible for myself. Ultimately though, its what you feel works for you and your family.

If you can afford not to work then don't - my DH wants me to finish work after the baby is here but my job isn't really the type of job you can take years out of doing so i will only be returning part-time.

Got for it if you can (promise i wont be too jealous! :hug: )

OK I'm rather wordy :roll:

Must try to make posts shorter. Thing is I can never say what I need to in only a few sentences :wall:

Thanks girls. I am gona quit my job anytime soon. I wont allow myself to be under stress. I will resign maybe this week!!

I gave up my part time job 2 weeks before i found out I was PG. I am on their supply register now. So, now I work when I want to. If your job stresses you so much give it up. Just figure out what you will do with your day. I started a dress making course to try and keep my mind a little busy.

I am thinking to take cusine courses, but only if i dont have morning sickness hahaha or maybe even do some work online, dont know, not paid job, just to entertain myself.

I like photoshop, maybe i can start learning more about it and maybe doing some stuff for people!

Hi Suzan,

Sounds like you've got lots of ideas to keep you busy, so if you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

I worked through pregnancy but luckily it wasn't a demanding job (not sure if I could have coped with anything stressful). Haven't worked since having Daisy, and 5 years on I have no regrets whatsoever, although I'd like to think that I'll return to work in some shape or form one day.

Your husband is in full support of you, your having a baby i would take the opportunity! working somewhere thats stressing you out is going to do you and your new baby no good.

Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back